Prospects: London Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
How does this years London Knights team rank among the best teams (prospects wise) the last decade or ever? I've only been watching the OHL and CHL the past 10 years and this years Knights team IMO is one of the best.

With Schremp, Perry and Bolland, then Kell.
Schremp had top 3 skill in '04 draft, has 6pts in 4 games on pace for 99 pts where he should be at come seasons end.

Perry has 9pts in 4 games on pace for 148 pts, I think he'll end up with 115-125pts

Bolland is a fire plug that will probably score 35-40 goals again.

Kell, won't score 30 goals but already has 2 gwg goals and is a hard worker that will contribute at both ends of the rink.

Not to mention the rest of the team (Dylan Hunter probable 85 points), has does London stack up with the best of best in terms of prospects. Schremp is potential 1st line centre, Perry should be 2nd line winger (possible 1st line) and Bolland will be 2nd or 3rd line if all goes well for him.

Keep in mind todays OHL is alot lower scoring than in past 10 years so don't just look at the point totals. I predict Perry to have 115-125, Schremp 100 pts, Bolland 80-90 points to all be in the top 15.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
trahans99 said:
How does this years London Knights team rank among the best teams (prospects wise) the last decade or ever? I've only been watching the OHL and CHL the past 10 years and this years Knights team IMO is one of the best.

With Schremp, Perry and Bolland, then Kell.
Schremp had top 3 skill in '04 draft, has 6pts in 4 games on pace for 99 pts where he should be at come seasons end.

Perry has 9pts in 4 games on pace for 148 pts, I think he'll end up with 115-125pts

Bolland is a fire plug that will probably score 35-40 goals again.

Kell, won't score 30 goals but already has 2 gwg goals and is a hard worker that will contribute at both ends of the rink.

Not to mention the rest of the team (Dylan Hunter probable 85 points), has does London stack up with the best of best in terms of prospects. Schremp is potential 1st line centre, Perry should be 2nd line winger (possible 1st line) and Bolland will be 2nd or 3rd line if all goes well for him.

Keep in mind todays OHL is alot lower scoring than in past 10 years so don't just look at the point totals. I predict Perry to have 115-125, Schremp 100 pts, Bolland 80-90 points to all be in the top 15.

This is a great post. The team has played 4 games and already there are calculations that they will continue at EXACTLY the same pace for the entire season and end up with 100+ points. Come on now. To make a guess like that is just silly. How many guys have put up big numbers in the first 4-5 games of the season just to fall right back down to earth and post mediocre numbers. This is a poor way to make expectations of points. 2 guys at 100 or more, then another very close. I don't see that happening for 1 team. Then you have another guy around 85 points. Who knows what you expect of the other guys on the team. Bascially by saying all these point totals, it's one of two things. The Knights are going to score 8 goals a game which allows that many points to be had, or else one line will score all the goals. Very flawed system of thinking.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Kritty said:
This is a great post. The team has played 4 games and already there are calculations that they will continue at EXACTLY the same pace for the entire season and end up with 100+ points. Come on now. To make a guess like that is just silly. How many guys have put up big numbers in the first 4-5 games of the season just to fall right back down to earth and post mediocre numbers. This is a poor way to make expectations of points. 2 guys at 100 or more, then another very close. I don't see that happening for 1 team. Then you have another guy around 85 points. Who knows what you expect of the other guys on the team. Bascially by saying all these point totals, it's one of two things. The Knights are going to score 8 goals a game which allows that many points to be had, or else one line will score all the goals. Very flawed system of thinking.

You fool, i'm making those assumptions not based on the first 4 games alone, i'm making those predictions based on the players abilities and the team the Knights have this year. I am saying Perry to get 115-125 points not the 148 he is averaging, I am saying Schremp will get around 100 points which he is averaging and Bolland to get 85 points because he had I believe 67 last year and his role on the team will expand and he is fast and has a pretty good shot. And the Knights will definately be the highest scoring team in the CHL again because of the depth they have on the team, headlined by those 3 players. They won't average 8 goals per game, did I say that? No, right now they are averaging 4 gpg and will end up with around 3.5 gpg. Mark my words and see how they end up at the end of the season barring any major injuries. You can take what I say or leave it, it doesn't matter just don't try and make fun of me by putting words in my mouth that I never said.

You must be a Kitchener Rangers fan still mad that we spanked you last weekend!!! Or even worse you must be a Valabik fan (everyone has seen my posts on that idiot) !!!
:banana:

hunter1909*

mark my words now...

by the end of the year its all going to be about schremp

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Unfortunately, The Hunter boys aren't very well regarded around London. The both have the reputation that if their Daddy's didn't own the team, they wouldn't be there.

I can't speak from personal knowledge, but this is what I hear.

ajsonor

Jun 11, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
Douggy said:
Unfortunately, The Hunter boys aren't very well regarded around London. The both have the reputation that if their Daddy's didn't own the team, they wouldn't be there.

Can't argue with some of the production though. I'd like to see how he might fare in an all-star game.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
What about Danny Richmond? He's still with the Knights, right?

I know the Canes think very highly of this young man. He didn't have the best year last year, but his first camp in Carolina was something else. Apperantly the Canes came close to keeping him in the NHL...

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Jay Thompson said:

I know the Canes think very highly of this young man. He didn't have the best year last year, but his first camp in Carolina was something else. Apperantly the Canes came close to keeping him in the NHL...

Richmond has moved on to the pro ranks, Miz. He signed a contract with Carolina in September.

The Knights do however now have Bryan Rodney playing for them as an overager. He's one hell of an offensive defenseman.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Douggy said:

Logan is downright horrible, and thankfully he hasn't played in a game yet this year (I've heard rumours he could be the odd man out of the Knights overage crop).

But Dylan isn't actually all that bad. He's worked very hard and has improved himself tremendously from when he first broke into the league. Dylan would easily have a spot in the OHL currently, even if Dale didnt have anything to do with the OHL. I don't think he has a future in the NHL as anything special, but I think with the way he continues to improve, I wouldnt write him off as a future 3rd-4th line contributor in the NHL in the future.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:

Richmond has moved on after being signed by the Canes (and assigned to Lowell). He has never been regarded highly from a defensive standpoint.... he couldn't be trusted with the game still in doubt, because of his tendency to caugh up the puck and it was the same way at Michigan the year before.

Buffalo fans, A few years ago Dylan Hunter was fat, slow and often tired easily as the game went on..... he was harshly criticized then (as douggy is probably alluding too), but he dropped over twenty pounds before the start of last year, increased his strength and racked up a ton of points playing on the top line all year and feeding off his linemates Perry and Sheppard.
He wasn't the straw that stirred the drink on that line and he wouldn't have put up those point totals if it weren't for his 'gravy' like situation, but he did become a fairly good complimentary player as the season wore on. This year he looks much improved again, he completely took over a game last weekend and has even showed well at times playing away from Perry. His poor skating is probably too much to overcome at the next level though and no he isn't feisty like Dale.

Hockeyfan_86

Nov 26, 2003
What do you guys think if Dan Syvret? My bro played with him way back when. He puts up pretty good stats and logs lots of ice time, but isn't drafted. I've only seen him play twice, maybe someone who sees him play a lot can tell me why he isn't recognized very much.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I thought Dylan looked skinnier.

He has Lifetime AHL all star written all over him.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Hockeyfan_86 said:
What do you guys think if Dan Syvret? My bro played with him way back when. He puts up pretty good stats and logs lots of ice time, but isn't drafted. I've only seen him play twice, maybe someone who sees him play a lot can tell me why he isn't recognized very much.

Last year he went to Washington's camp, this year he was invited to the Rangers camp and also attended Canada's WJC summer camp. He was also voted by OHL coaches as one of the most underrated players in the league. I'd say he gets a fair amount of attention. He might not have gotten all of his due in years past, because Dennis Wideman was 'the guy' on London's defence. This year people will start to hear more about Syvret (in Ontario anyways) as he's been named the captain of the Knights and has taken over the reigns as the go to defenceman for London, in every situation. I'm not sure what kind of minutes he's averaging, but he played 36 minutes in the first game of the year and I wouldn't be surprised if he played around that number each night.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
I agree with whats being said of D. Hunter, he was out of shape and not doing much a few years ago but thanks to a good workout routine (I see him at the gym sometimes) and playing with Perry certainly helps he will probably put up 30 goals and maybe 80-90 points this year. I don't think he is fast enough to make the NHL but you never know, if he keeps working hard at it he will get his chance one day and maybe become a 3rd-4th liner.

Richmond on the other hand was a very smooth skating and offensively gifted dman but not the best in his own end. He will probably be a QB on the Canes PP in a few years but we'll have to see.

Syvret went undrafted and unoticed until last year and will shine even brighter in the spotlight this year. I'm guessing that he'll end up playing in the AHL next year or the year after and then maybe if everythign goes right for him he could be in the NHL in 3-5 years.

But i'd still like to know how this year Knights team shapes up against some of the best OHL teams in: past decade and ever?

Thanks

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
trahans99 said:
But i'd still like to know how this year Knights team shapes up against some of the best OHL teams in: past decade and ever?

Thanks

It's still way too early to tell what London's prospects will do at the NHL level, sure Schremp and Perry have proven they can score in junior hockey but so have a lot of other guys who havn't done anything in the NHL and are now considered career minor leaguers. Although in the last decade a team like the Barrie Colts could give the Knights a run for thier money in terms of a good number of prospects playing on their team, the year the won the memorial cup the had a total of 5 NHL first round picks in their line up (Daniel Tkaczuk, Martin Skoula, Brian Finley, Dennis Shvidki, Michael Henrich) and a good number of other guys who were drafted by NHL teams, Sheldon Keefe, Mike Jefferson/Danton, Ryan Barnes.

But as you can see most of those guys have yet to amount to anything at the NHL level despite dominanting in junior so you just never know what can happen but in terms of NHL prospects playing on the same team at the sametime Barrie would take it over the Knights because back than some of the prospects were considered the cream of the crop.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
TJF said:
It's still way too early to tell what London's prospects will do at the NHL level, sure Schremp and Perry have proven they can score in junior hockey but so have a lot of other guys who havn't done anything in the NHL and are now considered career minor leaguers. Although in the last decade a team like the Barrie Colts could give the Knights a run for thier money in terms of a good number of prospects playing on their team, the year the won the memorial cup the had a total of 5 NHL first round picks in their line up (Daniel Tkaczuk, Martin Skoula, Brian Finley, Dennis Shvidki, Michael Henrich) and a good number of other guys who were drafted by NHL teams, Sheldon Keefe, Mike Jefferson/Danton, Ryan Barnes.

But as you can see most of those guys have yet to amount to anything at the NHL level despite dominanting in junior so you just never know what can happen but in terms of NHL prospects playing on the same team at the sametime Barrie would take it over the Knights because back than some of the prospects were considered the cream of the crop.

This is what I was looking for when I originally posted..... I remember Barrie had a great team, another comparison I was thinking of was maybe the Erie Otters with Boyes, Pecker .... and I forget who else, but the Knights team IMO is much better than that Otters team as they were pretty much just Boyes and Pecker whereas the Knights have Perry, Schremp and Bolland and a better supporting cast. And Perry is = or better than Boyes, Schremp and Bolland both are much better than Pecker...

What about some of the Plymouth Whaler teams, they've always been a very strong team, but do any of them really rival this years Knights team? Its also funny how London knocked them out of the 1st round twice, when Plymouth was ranked #2 in country one year and very high the other (thanks to Rick Nash)!!!!

Also, anyone see how dominant Perry and Schremp were last ngiht???? 7 goals between them (schremp -4, Perry -3)... even though against a weak Windsor team, these guys have loads of offensive skill.

Reilly311

trahans99 said:
This is what I was looking for when I originally posted..... I remember Barrie had a great team, another comparison I was thinking of was maybe the Erie Otters with Boyes, Pecker .... and I forget who else, but the Knights team IMO is much better than that Otters team as they were pretty much just Boyes and Pecker whereas the Knights have Perry, Schremp and Bolland and a better supporting cast. And Perry is = or better than Boyes, Schremp and Bolland both are much better than Pecker...

What about some of the Plymouth Whaler teams, they've always been a very strong team, but do any of them really rival this years Knights team? Its also funny how London knocked them out of the 1st round twice, when Plymouth was ranked #2 in country one year and very high the other (thanks to Rick Nash)!!!!

Also, anyone see how dominant Perry and Schremp were last ngiht???? 7 goals between them (schremp -4, Perry -3)... even though against a weak Windsor team, these guys have loads of offensive skill.

OH PLEASE. The Otters team of 2002 had Pecker, Boyes, Cullen, Bonello (when he wasn't a ********), Dobben, Lee, Colaiacovo, Campoli, and Aceti who wasn't even suppose to be their starter because Munro got hurt.

You're out of your mind if you think this years London team is better than the 2002 Otters team. BTW, this years Otters team is looking pretty good so far. Watch out for Geoff Platt.

Last edited by a moderator:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
The 1981-1982 Kitchener Rangers were a very good team. How's this for a team (NHL games played in brackets):

Scott Stevens (1635 to date)
Al MacInnis (1416 to date)
Jeff Larmer (158)
Brian Bellows (1188)
Mike Eagles (853)
John Tucker (656)
Mike Hough (707)
David Shaw (769)
Wendell Young (178)

Plus another 3 or 4 who played 40+ games in the NHL.

This year's London team is a powerhouse, but I think you're counting chickens.....

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Please, Erie barely beat the Knights that year and London was a horrible team then of just Nash and a bunch of nobodies.... we'll see how Erie does this year but not even close to being in London's league.

If you want to go player for player Knights 04 to Erie 02, London will win hands down !!!!!!!!

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Charlie_Girl49 said:
The 1981-1982 Kitchener Rangers were a very good team. How's this for a team (NHL games played in brackets):

Scott Stevens (1635 to date)
Al MacInnis (1416 to date)
Jeff Larmer (158)
Brian Bellows (1188)
Mike Eagles (853)
John Tucker (656)
Mike Hough (707)
David Shaw (769)
Wendell Young (178)

Plus another 3 or 4 who played 40+ games in the NHL.

This year's London team is a powerhouse, but I think you're counting chickens.....

That team is pretty impressive, probably one of the best defence pairing of all time. Any other great teams of the past decade, besides that Erie team whcih IMO is not as good as last years or this years London KNights team.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
OH PLEASE. The Otters team of 2002 had Pecker, Boyes, Cullen, Bonello (when he wasn't a ********), Dobben, Lee, Colaiacovo, Campoli, and Aceti who wasn't even suppose to be their starter because Munro got hurt.

You're out of your mind if you think this years London team is better than the 2002 Otters team. BTW, this years Otters team is looking pretty good so far. Watch out for Geoff Platt.

Give me a break, this years London team is better than that, hell last years London team was probably better than this years version so they were better than that as well. Sure they didn't win a championship but they dominated the regular season, swept two round in the playoffs and lost in a game 7 in the conference finals to a very good Guelph team.

I really don't think Erie can compare to the last two Knights teams but if London really wants to go down as something great they better win it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad