Prospects future hinges on new CBA

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by octopi, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. octopi

octopi Registered User

Was just thinking, word is out Ovechkin has to be signed by the Caps by the 20th or he's staying in Russia. I don't know how the whole re-entering the draft thing is going to work under the new CBA, but there concievably could be a lot of draft picks lost in the next few years. If I was a fan of a team which had Ovechkin, Malkin or Crosby picked and they ended up in another league, then going to another NHL team when they came back, less than happy would be a mild description of how I felt.

2. Howard35

Howard35 Registered User

Student
    Home Page:
    in all fairness, i dont think players should be allowed to re-enter this year, or maybe they got a deadline before they can become UFAs... im sure a few out there or a handful want to reenter, while others wanna sign but want a good deal..

i dont think washington honestly will have a problem getting him to capland once a cba is done, whenever it is

3. BHLCommish

BHLCommish Registered User

they will stretch the deadline or something, no way that happens.

4. NYR469

NYR469 Registered User

Home Page:
    unless they change the rules, 're-entering the draft' only applies to CHL players. ovechkin wouldn't have to re-enter the draft either way.

as for a deadline for getting him signed, there is no agreement with the IIHF so there is no transfer deadline, the caps have to negotiate a buyout with his russian club and that can be done at anytime.

5. MN_Gopher

MN_Gopher Registered User

medical
    Home Page:
    How is it going to effect CHL players. Think they will have it so CHL players can go to the AHL vs. NHL or back to your team. Guys like PM Bouchard and Brent Burns seem to stick out. PMB too good for CHL not good enough for NHL. This why i figured that Mueller would stay in USHL or USU18. He gets drafted from CHL its NHL or back. From USHL he could have been locked for AHL at least. Like what NY did with Jake Taylor. Taylor is a few away from the pros but he did good in AHL or at least as good as anticiapted.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.