Boston vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.

Buffalo vs. New Jersey, 7 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 9

New Jersey vs. Pittsburgh, 3:30 p.m.

Boston vs. Buffalo, 7 p.m.

Monday, Sept. 11

Boston vs. New Jersey, 12 p.m.

Buffalo vs. Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.

Thanks Wally, I shall be posting my opinions on which prospects are or will clearly be busts or future HOF`ers on the 12th regardless of the fact I`ll most likely not be able to watch one minute of this mini tournament:sarcasm:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins announced today, August 10, that the team will again participate in the Prospects Challenge from September 8-11 at HarborCenter in Buffalo (100 Washington St., Buffalo, NY 14203). This marks the third consecutive year the Bruins have participated in the challenge. The Bruins defeated New Jersey (4-3) and Buffalo (4-3) in last year's Prospects Challenge. Bruins prospects who participated in last year's tournament and also played in at least one regular season game with Boston in 2016-17 include forwards Anton Blidh, Peter Cehlarik, Danton Heinen, Sean Kuraly, defensemen Brandon Carlo, Matt Grzelcyk, Rob O'Gara and goaltender Zane McIntyre.
https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bru...cts-challenge-from-september-8-11/c-290637310

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
The fact that NHL Network doesn't send a team to cover all these rookie tourneys is typical cheap and second rate NHL at its worst. They will just show some stupid ass top 10 list for the 80th time.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The fact that NHL Network doesn't send a team to cover all these rookie tourneys is typical cheap and second rate NHL at its worst. They will just show some stupid ass top 10 list for the 80th time.

I hate that. The NHL is supposed to be a major sport. They should act like it when it comes to covering their own sport. I get during the off season there is no reason to do live coverage all of the time but when something worth covering takes place they ought to be there especially as the opening of training camps gets closer.

Penny wise and dollar stupid that is the NHL.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I will b there. Loved the venue last year. Especially watching a Sabre fan fake punch Neely to mid section. Neely wasn't very pleased. Lol
Isn't St. Kitts near, like, Barbados or something?

Anyway, glad you can make the trip. Hope you'll fill us in on your impressions.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I hope there is a way to watch them.

sabres do a good job of streaming events - i would think we'll have the chance to see the games. maybe worst case scenario is we get just the boston/buffalo game. time will tell. as for lou's point about nhln covering all these tournaments, my educated guess is there is an annual budget and preseason rookie games are extremely low on the totem pole. if the sabres do a production and nhln can swipe it for free, that's an easy yes.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Do we know which prospects from Boston will be participating?

For whatever reason, Bruins management draws a hard line against players with AHL experience participating in rookie events. Don't expect to see DeBrusk, Heinen, Cehlarik, Blidh, Kuraly, O'Gara or Grzelcyk there, even though other teams will have AHL prospect competing. I'm not even sure they'll bring McAvoy. They will fill the roster with invitee scrubs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
For whatever reason, Bruins management draws a hard line against players with AHL experience participating in rookie events. Don't expect to see DeBrusk, Heinen, Cehlarik, Blidh, Kuraly, O'Gara or Grzelcyk there, even though other teams will have AHL prospect competing. I'm not even sure they'll bring McAvoy. They will fill the roster with invitee scrubs.

not arguing for or against why they do this but could it possibly be that they have watched the PB`s the year before and they feel they already have a reasonably good idea where a certain prospect is in his development and they`d rather have a look at other`s they haven`t seen as often?

Again, not defending their tendencies, just asking

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins announced today, August 10, that the team will again participate in the Prospects Challenge from September 8-11 at HarborCenter in Buffalo (100 Washington St., Buffalo, NY 14203). This marks the third consecutive year the Bruins have participated in the challenge. The Bruins defeated New Jersey (4-3) and Buffalo (4-3) in last year's Prospects Challenge. Bruins prospects who participated in last year's tournament and also played in at least one regular season game with Boston in 2016-17 include forwards Anton Blidh, Peter Cehlarik, Danton Heinen, Sean Kuraly, defensemen Brandon Carlo, Matt Grzelcyk, Rob O'Gara and goaltender Zane McIntyre.
https://www.nhl.com/bruins/news/bru...cts-challenge-from-september-8-11/c-290637310

over/under on how long it takes the refs to give the B`s the raw end of the stick in this tourney?:sarcasm:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
not arguing for or against why they do this but could it possibly be that they have watched the PB`s the year before and they feel they already have a reasonably good idea where a certain prospect is in his development and they`d rather have a look at other`s they haven`t seen as often?

Again, not defending their tendencies, just asking

And perhaps avoiding injuries from over excited fringe prospects looking to make a statement on a player like McAvoy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
And perhaps avoiding injuries from over excited fringe prospects looking to make a statement on a player like McAvoy.

exactly. It appears there`s some solid competition for a few spots at the NHL level this camp, might be forcing the B`s to be extra cautious wanting everyone to arrive injury free?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->