prospects at camps..

ELab2

Apr 9, 2007
Atlantic City
Ryan Parent looks like he can be an NHL defenseman in his sleep right now. I'm sure that's not going to happen, he'll VERY likely spend the year in the AHL, but he looks damn good right now.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Ryan Parent looks like he can be an NHL defenseman in his sleep right now. I'm sure that's not going to happen, he'll VERY likely spend the year in the AHL, but he looks damn good right now.

i have a feeling he will get called up after 30-40 games and stay with the big club.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
The problem is that these are all development camps against other prospects. Some that were just barely drafted.

It's a lot different when those guys are on the ice with real NHL players in training camp.

Just kind of pointing that out for the people who think prospect camps show their prospects are ready for the NHL ;)

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
David Krejci is dominating the Bruins' development camp to there point where he probably shouldn't even be there since he's so far above the other forwards attending.

mikethompson

Mar 20, 2007
Maple Ridge
how is Lucic and Rabbit doing at the Bruins Camp? How is Mikkelson and Festerling doing at Ducks camp? How is Franson and Blum doing at Nashville Camp? How is McArdle and Repik doing at Florida Camp? Sexsmith at San Jose? Machacek at Atlanta Camp?J.D at Calgary Camp?Bliznak at Vancouver Camp?

hockey-hoser

Mar 16, 2006
james reimer - toronto

Reimer's been outstanding in TO. his team beat Pogge's team in 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 by a combined score of 10 - 4. each tender faced 35-45 shots and many odd-man-rushes. Reimer was clearly the better goalie on that day!! But Reimer is playing to earn a contract while Pogge is all set with his for a while....

It will be interesting to watch all the rookie tournament games in September - I think there are 3 tournaments at the same time??? anyone have info on that?

TheRealKovalchuk*

Can anyone help me with a little Brett Sterling information..AHL ROY in the Thrasher system.

SIU LAW

Apr 29, 2006
T.J. Oshie with the Blues. The team wants him to join the main club roster and not return to college, but he will likely return to school.

BlueJays

Dec 12, 2005
Reimer's been outstanding in TO. his team beat Pogge's team in 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 by a combined score of 10 - 4. each tender faced 35-45 shots and many odd-man-rushes. Reimer was clearly the better goalie on that day!! But Reimer is playing to earn a contract while Pogge is all set with his for a while....

It will be interesting to watch all the rookie tournament games in September - I think there are 3 tournaments at the same time??? anyone have info on that?

To be honest though, there were long stretches where Pogge didn't see any action, then suddenly he'd face a flurry of shots (usually when the likes of Tlusty was on for team-white). The White team had the much better D as well IMO with some Marlies re-inforcements.

As for the shootout Pogge only had one go in (a Tlustly dipsy-doodle roofer), Reimer couldn't stop 2 out of 3 shooters who simply deked & went glove side.

Bam Beet*

The Avs are using Stastny as the "demo" man when they do drills and stuff. I'm pretty sure he's quite ahead of the others. Also Wolski looks bored out there (or is it lazy?) but when he's trying he's dominating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->