Prospects and Marlies Discussion: The Hope for the Future Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Toninato and Cameranesi play tomorrow for Minnesota-Duluth. First game of the year for the two.

Herzog plays tomorrow for ZSC. Has 7 points (2G-5A) in 9 games. Had 10 PIMS last game.

Vesey plays tomorrow for Maine. First game of the year for him.

Joshua plays tomorrow and Saturday for Ohio State. First games of the year.

Lindgren I don't know where he's playing. He was apparently sent back to the U20 team after struggling with the big club, but I don't know where he is now. Apparently he had 3 points in 2 games with the U20 club, so maybe he was called back up, especially since his partner with the big club, Ryan Whitney, retired.

Engvall plays Saturday. Currently has 3 points in 9 games with Mora of the Allsvenskan. I need a clearer update on Engvall and Lindgren if someone can do that.

Bracco picked up an assist for Boston College in a preseason loss against the University of New Brunswick. Starts regular season action tomorrow against Army.

Nielsen picked up 2 goals in his last game. 3 points in 5 games with 2 goals and 1 assist. Lethbridge plays tomorrow again.

Desrocher didn't register any points last game, but plays tomorrow. Has 2 goals and 4 assists for 6 points in 6 games.

Korostelev registered an assist in his last game. Now has 1 goal and 3 assists for 4 points in 5 games. Plays again tomorrow.

Piccinich hasn't played recently. Still has only played 2 games, but has put together 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) thus far. Marner has 2 goals and an assist for 3 points in 2 games thus far. London plays again tomorrow.

Donaghey did not register any points last game, but has an assist in 4 games for Halifax thus far. Did not play today. Halifax does play again tomorrow however.

Dermott did not register any points in the last three games, but has 2 assists in 4 games. Erie plays again tomorrow.

And of course, everyone knows the update on Johnson, Dzierkals and Timashov already.

The Marlies play their first game tomorrow, so we'll get to see plenty of prospects there as well, plus the Leafs play tomorrow.

Moral of the post: Lots of Leafs playing tomorrow. In fact, barring healthy scratches or injuries, literally every single player in the organization (player or prospect) plays tomorrow.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Toninato and Cameranesi play tomorrow for Minnesota-Duluth. First game of the year for the two.

Herzog plays tomorrow for ZSC. Has 7 points (2G-5A) in 9 games. Had 10 PIMS last game.

Lindgren I don't know where he's playing. He was apparently sent back to the U20 team after struggling with the big club, but I don't know where he is now. Apparently he had 3 points in 2 games with the U20 club, so maybe he was called back up, especially since his partner with the big club, Ryan Whitney, retired.

Engvall plays Saturday. Currently has 3 points in 9 games with Mora of the Allsvenskan. I need a clearer update on Engvall and Lindgren if someone can do that.

Bracco picked up an assist for Boston College in a preseason loss against the University of New Brunswick. Starts regular season action tomorrow against Army.

Nielsen picked up 2 goals in his last game. 3 points in 5 games with 2 goals and 1 assist. Lethbridge plays tomorrow again.

Desrocher didn't register any points last game, but plays tomorrow. Has 2 goals and 4 assists for 6 points in 6 games.

Korostelev registered an assist in his last game. Now has 1 goal and 3 assists for 4 points in 5 games. Plays again tomorrow.

Piccinich hasn't played recently. Still has only played 2 games, but has put together 4 points (2 goals, 2 assists) thus far. Marner has 2 goals and an assist for 3 points in 2 games thus far. London plays again tomorrow.

Donaghey did not register any points last game, but has an assist in 4 games for Halifax thus far. Did not play today. Halifax does play again tomorrow however.

Dermott did not register any points in the last three games, but has 2 assists in 4 games. Erie plays again tomorrow.

And of course, everyone knows the update on Johnson, Dzierkals and Timashov already.

The Marlies play their first game tomorrow, so we'll get to see plenty of prospects there as well, plus the Leafs play tomorrow.

Moral of the post: Lots of Leafs playing tomorrow. In fact, barring healthy scratches or injuries, literally every single player in the organization (player or prospect) plays tomorrow.

Thanks brah

sIDEsHOW93

Apr 29, 2015
Canada

Just saved me a ton of time looking all this stuff up! You are awesome!

Highlander23

Mar 26, 2011
France
Lindgren playing for modo in the SHL now. still very young for that level, so expect some growing pains on the D side

Engvall playing in a limited role (swedish 2nd division=more or less AHL level) still a men's league. so don't expect a big offensive year from him

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lindgren playing for modo in the SHL now. still very young for that level, so expect some growing pains on the D side

Engvall playing in a limited role (swedish 2nd division=more or less AHL level) still a men's league. so don't expect a big offensive year from him

Does Lindgren have a good shot at Swedens WJC team?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Marlies start their season tonight. I haven't seen the lines being reported but I'm sure they will be posted by Crocker or Kyle sometime today.

I think I might watch the Marlies as my primary game with the Leafs game in the background. We'll see how it goes.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Any predictions on whether the Marlies get off to a slow start like last season before all the players moves or a strong fast start now we have an experienced nucleus despite having a Rookie coach?

Obviously I'm leaning towards a strong fast start toward a memorable season.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Toronto Marlies Announce Opening Night Roster

The Toronto Marlies announced their opening night roster today, ahead of tonight’s game against the Manitoba Moose. The team consists of 16 forwards, seven defencemen and three goaltenders. The average age of the group is 23.2 years old.

FORWARDS (16)

Casey Bailey
Connor Brown
Sam Carrick
Richard Clune
Matt Frattin
Byron Froese
Frederik Gauthier
Zach Hyman
Justin Johnson
Kasperi Kapanen
Josh Leivo
Brendan Leipsic
Richard Panik
William Nylander
Ryan Rupert
Nikita Soshnikov

DEFENCE (7)

T.J. Brennan
Andrew Campbell
Justin Holl
Viktor Loov
James Martin
Stuart Percy
Rinat Valiev

GOALIES (3)

Antoine Bibeau
Rob Madore
Garret Sparks

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Glad to see Holl made the team. Guy is severely underrated. Very slick PMD with size.

Dubas mentioned him on Leafs Lunch when discussing the Marlies overall. He impressed quite a bit apparently in the pre-season games for the Marlies.

He's a former 2nd round pick of the Hawks in 2010 and played in the ECHL last year.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Dubas mentioned him on Leafs Lunch when discussing the Marlies overall. He impressed quite a bit apparently in the pre-season games for the Marlies.

He's a former 2nd round pick of the Hawks in 2010 and played in the ECHL last year.

He was the best Marlie (along with Skladnichenko) on the ice during the exhibition game here in Gander on the 4th. Had to look up who he was during the first intermission. The guy is super smooth on the back end. Makes a good first pass and likes to join in on the rush.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
He was the best Marlie (along with Skladnichenko) on the ice during the exhibition game here in Gander on the 4th. Had to look up who he was during the first intermission. The guy is super smooth on the back end. Makes a good first pass and likes to join in on the rush.

Could be the new Froese this year.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
SOLAR BEARS RECEIVE 19 PLAYERS FROM MARLIES

The Solar Bears Training Camp Roster is now as follows:

Joe Basaraba
Erik Bradford
Christopher Clapperton
Tyler Currier
Eric Faille
Brett Findlay
T.J. Foster
Matt Hatch
Ludwig Karlsson
Johnny McInnis
Adam Reid
Jack Rodewald
Matt Rupert
Nikolai Skladnichenko
Torin Snydeman
Lindsay Sparks
Scott Tanski
Brady Vail
Scott Wamsganz
Patrick Watling
Eric Baier
Zach Bell
Myles Harvey
Mike Krieg (ATO)
Spencer McAvoy
Brenden Miller
Max Nicastro
Reggie Traccitto
Keegan Asmundson
Ryan Massa

http://orlandosolarbearshockey.com/news/100615-marliesassignments.php

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Solar Bears should be good this season as well. If the plan is to sell off one year contracts on the Leafs and promote some Marlies guys, there will be a few players here up with the Marlies. I see Skladnichenko, Rodewald, Findlay, Watling, Sparks, Vail, & Nicastro having the potential to be called up rather quickly.

Could be the new Froese this year.

Let's hope, eh?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Solar Bears should be good this season as well. If the plan is to sell off one year contracts on the Leafs and promote some Marlies guys, there will be a few players here up with the Marlies. I see Skladnichenko, Rodewald, Findlay, Watling, Sparks, Vail, & Nicastro having the potential to be called up rather quickly.

Let's hope, eh?

What they're trying to do here with making an effort with the volume of AHL contracts and actually showing interest in the make up of the ECHL team seems to be somewhat unique. I hope it works out. The NHL CBA and its 50 contract limit really puts up a wall for long shots getting a long enough pro trial to grow their games.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
To me he has. Facing juniors, he always been quite good. He needs to up his game in a men's league (maybe sheltered by his coach since he plays nearly 17min/game)

I have only seen Lindgren play once, in the Canada-Sweden game at the World U-18's last spring. None of the Swedish blueliners looked very ood in that game, including the eventual high draftees. But Lindgren was pretty clearly the number 7 defenseman on that team. Lindgren also did not play on the U20 Swedish team at the summer tournament at Lake Placid. Add in the 1996 crop of blueliners and Lindgren may have some work to do to make the team. It isn't impossible. Presumably the U20 coach is not the same person as the U18 one. He may look at things differently. But Lindgren obviously has a lot of competition for a place on the team. Needless to say, he will have to play well this Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad