Prospect !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Mar 13, 2004
Hi i need some Help...

can someone rank this prospect and tell me what can of player there are Please

Cam Ward, Derek Krestanovich, Dimitri Kosmachev, Doug Lynch, Eric Nystrom, Evgeny Tunik, Jamie Tardiff, Jan Hejda, Jeff Tambellini, Jeremy Colliton, Johan Holmqvist, Masi Marjamaki, Maxim Lapierre, Mike Morris, Petr Dvorak, Rene Vydareny, Robert Nilsson, Vladimir Sapoznikov, Jussi Jokinen, Zdenek Blatny, Dan Fristche

Thanks

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Oggy said:
Hi i need some Help...

can someone rank this prospect and tell me what can of player there are Please

Cam Ward, Derek Krestanovich, Dimitri Kosmachev, Doug Lynch, Eric Nystrom, Evgeny Tunik, Jamie Tardiff, Jan Hejda, Jeff Tambellini, Jeremy Colliton, Johan Holmqvist, Masi Marjamaki, Maxim Lapierre, Mike Morris, Petr Dvorak, Rene Vydareny, Robert Nilsson, Vladimir Sapoznikov, Jussi Jokinen, Zdenek Blatny, Dan Fristche
Thanks

I'll try my hand(and probably get slaughtered by the peanut gallery as well):

1.Lynch-Solid defenseman. Would have been the no.3 d-man on the caps this year methinks. Skilled at both ends of the rink. Will play physical, but not known to me as a big hitter. Has the potential to be a solid no.3 d-man.

2.Ward-WHL player of the year. Has strung together 3 very good seasons, each better than the one before. Is on a slightly lower tier than Fleury, Lehtonen, Emery, Toivonen. Franchise goalie potential. Next year will likely start in the AHL, but could serve as a backup to Weekes or even move Weekes to the bench.

3.Tambellini-Don't know too much about him other than he didn't disappoint this year. Solid top-six guy

4.Fristche-Shined on the world stage for the US at the WJC's. Integral part of the Gold medal winning team. Will not likely put up a ton of points on the board, but is an ideal 3rd line forward prospect. He will spend a lot of time in columbus next year, if not the whole season

5.Nilsson-From what i've read he regressed this season. Left the SEL to play in switzerland, and didn't set the world on fire. I only put him ahead of Nystrom because of his potential.

6.Nystrom-Even less scoring potential than Fristche, but is a character guy. Will likely develop into a solid 3rd/4th line forward.
Tunik
Krestanovich

I left off the prospects I knew nothing about.

KH1

3 of those guys are in the Islanders system...all of them are rated pretty favorably.

Nilsson is a very talented offensive player and has been compared by scouts to countryman Markus Naslund. He's the top rated prospect in the Isles system and Mike Milbury can't wait to get him over here on a line with Sean Bergenhiem.

I would consider Tunik to be Oleg Kvasha 2.0. He's a big physical sniper from Russia and is going to be a potential top liner after being given the chance to play with Alexei Yashin (every winger on the team gets the chance :help: ) Tremendous upside.

Colliton is a very well rounded player who has experience and seems to be on the fast track to the big team. Despite some pretty bad injuries the Isles are trying to lure him to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers and from the AHL it's only a matter of time before he makes the Isles as a fourth line winger. Like the other two prospects, he is seen as a top 6 winger.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Jussi Jokinen is considered one of the Stars top prospects. In fact, he could very well be considered the best, especially with Miettinen and Daley on the brink of graduating. He's coming off an "alright" season in the FNL. After improving 21 points from an already stellar rookie season, expectations were quite high for Jussi, and some even pegged him as a potential scoring title threat or even potential MVP candidate. He was on fire in the first month, finding himself at the top in every major statistic, he then slowed down noticably for a large amount of games before finishing the season on a high note. His stats were nearly identical to the previous season, posting one more point in four more games. He did however, improved in the playoffs, where he went from 3 points in 15 games to 7 in 15. He should remain in Finland for at least another season and then come over to North America in 2005/2006. Likely through the same way Miettinen and Kapanen had to go through (impressive camp results in a few games with the Stars, then play the rest of the season in the AHL). In fact, he's not all that much different from Kapanen/Miettinen, he's not very big at 5'11 and 190 and he's not a defensive liability. The differences are his offensive abilities, he's more offensively gifted than either two, having top 6 (20/25 goal) potential. A role where he should always find a spot due to his sound versatility (can play all three forward positions). Some have compared his style and upside with that of Scott Young, a sound, two-way winger that is a consistant 20/25 goal scorer and may very well hit 30+ once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->