Prospect Watch – Josh Leivo

UltimateHKY

Leivo is a strong winger who excels with winning puck battles along the boards in both the offensive and defensive zone. Josh competes hard and is a big bodied presence in front of the net, which makes him a hard player to defend. Leivo has shown that he can put up points at the AHL level, but has yet to have a long-term stay with the Leafs in order to develop consistency at the NHL level. He also has surprisingly good hands for his size and possesses a good shot, which make Josh a threat in the offensive zone.

Article here: http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/uhn-│-maple-leafs-prospect-watch-josh-leivo/

Where do you see Leivo fitting in Toronto?

www.UltimateHockeyNetwork.com
@joshwald @UltimateHKY

Let us know if you have any interest contributing for us at UHN. We're always looking for more writers passionate about hockey! [email protected]

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leivo should probably take over the 2nd/3rd line LW place when Lupul is traded. He'll have to earn it in training camp next season obviously but I don't think it's completely out of line to think he's ready to make the next step. It'll be up to him really.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Leivo and Kozun both made the team during camp but then Leivo got injured towards the end of camp and Kozun just a couple of games into the season.

Leivo has NHL power forward potential and should make the team next season. Probably 3rd line LW.

George

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
I think Leivo should've been on the team this season, but his injuries hurt his chances. Big player, decently strong skater, can snipe, good work on the boards. He's got top-six potential for sure. I wouldn't be surprised to see him put in 15 goals next season.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
He neither improved his numbers in the last 2 years of junior nor in his last 2 years of AHL. When numbers don't improve year-to-year at that level I get worried. My projection is he tops out at a 3rd or 4th liner.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Bottom 6 forward in competition with the likes of Brown,Carrick,McKegg,Panik,Liepsic etc.

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
I think the absolute highest in a lineup this guy can be is on a second line with 2 skilled players. He's not a catalyst for creating offense, he's moreso the guy who supplements it. When he was playing with us, I was pretty impressed with his ability to control the puck along the boards and maintain possession. I think he'll be an NHL'er but man would it be sweet if he broke out and became a solid 2nd liner for us.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
his ceiling would be a 2nd liner. He's had a rough season that began with injuries at the end of preseason or I think he would have been here to start. I'm hoping he gets a shot after the deadline is someone like Lupul gets traded. Good chance to see what we have with Leivo.

brettzz

Jul 20, 2014
I really liked him this year in preseason+, great cycle work, fast enough to keep up, goes to the net

think he could do well in a full season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad