TSN: Prospect trade: Rieder (EDM) for Kessy (PHO)

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Makes sense but I don't like it, emotional attachment to Kessy, thought he was going to be a complete terror on our bottom six in a couple of years.

Any scouting reports on Tobias?

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
These guys were drafted really close.

Phoenix drafted Kessy in the 4th round, 111th overall in 2011.
Edmonton drafted Rieder in the 4th round, 114th overall in 2011.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I wonder who called who. Kessy has been good in the playoffs. Must have caught Tambellini's attention.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I hate seeing Kessy go. I think he has the potential to be a huge fan favorite kind of NHL player, on the fourth line. Like a very poor man's Milan Lucic.

I do like Rieder a lot, though. He's always looked excellent for Kitchener and team Germany in the games I've seen. Don't sweat the statistical regression from him this season. Everybody in Kitchener had a disappointing offensive year.

It's a solid trade. It's one that makes sense, given that we have Samuelsson, Martinook, Brown, etc in the org. already. Need more skill. Reieder has that.

Still, hurts to lose Kessy.

zLiMbiLLY

Feb 18, 2012
WingF
Awesome one!
Skilled/quick forward for an power forward, which also shows in the stats, where Rieder shines this season.

I sense we'll have at least one possible small, quick and producing 1st/2nd liner in the future.

Having Shinimin, Martinook and Rieder prospects:nod:

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Asked Oil fans on their board about Tobias, one user compared him to Korpi, which I would be completely down for.

Was apparently voted one of the best PKers in the OHL this year and scored 40 goals last year(rt mentioned his regression). Can play all three forward spots apparently, having moved from wing to center this season.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I like Reider, but I always thought that Kessy was a taller version of Torres. You get massive hits along with questionable ones, but he would certainly excite the crowd.

But we needed more skill up front, I think the only guys we have in the system with top 6 potential are Lessio & Samuellson. Always nice to add another guy with the potential to get there.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I like this move. I never really got the Kessy hype or whatever. We have Druzcienski or, whatever his name is, in Portland and Chris Brown already plays a similar type of game.

Can somebody take Christian Ruutu?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I like this move. I never really got the Kessy hype or whatever. We have Druzcienski or, whatever his name is, in Portland and Chris Brown already plays a similar type of game.

Can somebody take Christian Ruutu?

Doesn't Ruutu now work for the Kings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->