Prospect Tourny in Traverse City

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
Frenzy,

I'm looking forward to some reports on how the Blues prospects played. Thanks in advance.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
pavel datsyuk said:
http://www.allsports.com/nhl/redwings/

this link gives you boxscores and reports on how the games went. most is focused on the wings, but they do a good job of telling the truth at least :dunno:

Anywho, they have rosters of the other teams, and do a good job of covering the tourny.

Frenzy, any more info on Rodney or Lynch would be great though. Or just any player that impressed you.

thanks

Hudler looked very good in the 3rd period. Created a number of oportunities. Playing in the AHL has really help his game. Not looking to do it all himself as he seemed to last year during the Tourney. The assist on the loan Wings goal was a great pass, tape to tape and on a string.

Kronwall played well. Not sure why he was in traverse city as I consider him a proven commodity w/ his play in the NHL last year.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Frenzy1 said:
Hudler looked very good in the 3rd period. Created a number of oportunities. Playing in the AHL has really help his game. Not looking to do it all himself as he seemed to last year during the Tourney. The assist on the loan Wings goal was a great pass, tape to tape and on a string.

Kronwall played well. Not sure why he was in traverse city as I consider him a proven commodity w/ his play in the NHL last year.

I agree on Kronwall. But, he busted his leg last year, and i think they just want him to get back in the swing of things, start out slow in this tourney which is he too good for.

His nice to hear Hudler looked good, although i did hear he hurt his leg and was limping back to the room.

thanks for the info.

hagwag

Sep 10, 2004
Nick Niedert

Can anyone tell me if a 22 year old named Nick Niedert, formerly with the Traverse City Enforcers practiced with the Wings at the Prospect Camp?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
hagwag said:
Can anyone tell me if a 22 year old named Nick Niedert, formerly with the Traverse City Enforcers practiced with the Wings at the Prospect Camp?

i haven't seen his name on any of the lists, THN, or Red wings central. In fact, i've never heard of him before.

degroat*

From STLBlues.com

Tuesday, September 14
Blues 4 vs. Lightning 3
Traverse City, MI- The St. Louis Blues captured their fourth Prospects Tournament title after defeating the Tampa Bay Lightning 4-3 on Tuesday afternoon. Alexei Shkotov, coming off a hat trick performance on Monday night, scored the game-winner midway through the third period to seal the victory.

St. Louis registered the games first goal as Dale Mahovsky scored at the 18:52 mark of the first period. The Lightning stormed back in the second period with three unanswered goals and outshot the Blues 12-8.

Troy Riddle, a University of Minnesota product and St. Louis’ fourth round selection in the 2000 draft, notched a goal 14 seconds into the third period to cut Tampa Bay’s lead to 3-2. Just 24 seconds later, Riddle again would find the back of the net as he skated down the left wing and shot just inside the far side post at the 38 second mark. At 9:17 of the third, Shkotov buried a shot just under the crossbar, recording his fourth goal of the tournament and the game-winning goal. Goaltender Chris Beckford-Tseu, playing in his second game for the Blues, turned away 28 of 31 Lightning shots to record the victory.

St. Louis posted a 3-1-0 record and have competed in the Prospects Tournament since 1998, capturing four titles in seven years.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
RWC says Meech had an extremely good tournament and impressed a lot of people with his physical play. Chances are he'll be in G.R. sometime next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad