Prospect Thread XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Any word on how Jensens off season is going?

Has he been skating? if so how has he looked?
Lots of gym time? any news at all?

He had a strong finish to a horrible start at the AHL level and showed flashes of top6 forward type play with the Canucks. Guy is a natural sniper... He could be on the verge of a 15 goal 35 point season...

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver

He had a strong finish to a horrible start at the AHL level and showed flashes of top6 forward type play with the Canucks. Guy is a natural sniper... He could be on the verge of a 15 goal 35 point season...

Yea id love to know as well. He's kind of the forgotten man and it's weird how there is literally zero news about his off season.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Yea id love to know as well. He's kind of the forgotten man and it's weird how there is literally zero news about his off season.

He's probably a "forgotten man" because he likely went back to Denmark for much of the offseason. And it's Denmark. :sarcasm: No offense to any Danes, but it's not exactly dead center in the hockey spotlight for us.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
926529_339427596204848_463271938_n.jpg

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
8.0 C lol wow. I mean he's good but C?? I would still have the D for him because he has smallest frame in the NHL. The chances of him being a bust is still high.

Watch him play, size won't matter with him. He has beyond elite skills. Guy is gonna be a superstar

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011

Kind of annoys me how there isn't much info at all about players off-season other than stuff like bio-steel camps. As someone whose interested in fitness I'd like to see what different players are doing in the off-season to prepare

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Kind of annoys me how there isn't much info at all about players off-season other than stuff like bio-steel camps. As someone whose interested in fitness I'd like to see what different players are doing in the off-season to prepare

The players, particularly those in markets like ours, spend the whole season under a microscope. Can you blame them for wanting a few months of peace, quiet, and privacy?

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
The players, particularly those in markets like ours, spend the whole season under a microscope. Can you blame them for wanting a few months of peace, quiet, and privacy?

True enough, I'm sure a few wouldn't mind sparing an hour or two filming their gym session but whatever

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Don't know what to say about that pic... looks like something is missing... OMG, am I the only one?...

Ice Buckets all across Denmark are taking part in the hockey player challenge, where you dunk a hockey player in you to raise funds and awareness for Lou Bucket's Disease.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I still think Schroeder has a chance to become a Desharnais type player in the league. His biggest problem with us is that he would get injured right when a spot opened up for him. He had some truly awful luck here. I think with a more stable AHL environment he could have done a bit better for us at that level as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have an alright first-stint with the Moose way back when?

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I still think Schroeder has a chance to become a Desharnais type player in the league. His biggest problem with us is that he would get injured right when a spot opened up for him. He had some truly awful luck here. I think with a more stable AHL environment he could have done a bit better for us at that level as well. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he have an alright first-stint with the Moose way back when?

I think you are 100% wrong about Schroeder.

nekyvGkOPaiWICTscLl6

Jul 14, 2009
Sudbury
Yeah, Schroeder ain't going anywhere. Had all the chances in the world here. Couldn't do a thing. I think he made one nice pass in his however many minutes of ice-time.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
He didn't have a ton of chances really

No, I agree, he didn't actually have a tonne of chances. He had about 30 games one season and then around 25 the next - playing with no one who was spectacular. I think a kid needs a bit more time and trust to break into the league. Imagine if the Sedins were given that ice time in their first few seasons and were then traded?
They didn't really show too much their first couple of seasons.

Having said that, he never really was a difference maker at the AHL level, and he just may not have the grit to make it for his size in the NHL. He's not a buzz saw, and he may not have enough skill to finesse his way through...will be interesting to see what happens in Minnesota for him. Hope he makes it, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't go all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad