prospect that fits your team philosophy/mold ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
for the leafs, i'd say justin pogge - goaltender

for the past while, the leafs have always been a team that relies on their goalie. they tend to have very very gritty teams that must really fight for wins, grit out one goal games etc... and in effect, with much of the character and grit on the forwards lines, they have had to rely on their defence corps a lot, and as well their goalie. from potvin, to cujo, and now with belfour, the leaf goalie has had to carry the load, mainly in the playoffs and face lots of shots to try and keep the team close enough to scrape out that gritty win

now, why i feel pogge fits this mold is as a goalie playing in prince george, last year, and the next two years, he's going to be facing a ton of work. prince george is not a very good defensive team, we give up a lot of shots, good chances, and are generally weak physically and in turn, the opposition gets a lot of rubber to the net. pogge thrived with that work last year, and is playing well this year, and i feel it's a fair assumption he will continue to develop next year facing a ton of work. when he does turn pro, he possibly could have the chance to steal todd ford's job a 2nd time if ford is indeed with the st.john's leafs by that time..

all in all, with pogge's past/current situation and the leafs' current mold of the team and how i see them continue to go, i think pogge fits in very well with the team's future (this is all assuming he realizes his potential as a professional goaltender)

now, who for your team?

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
nice :)

i should also say, try and stay away from the big names, like the babchuk/getzlaf/ladd etc...

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
andora said:

i should also say, try and stay away from the big names, like the babchuk/getzlaf/ladd etc...

Heh, but really:

Schneider and Ellis-Plante (how in the world did he drop so badly in the 2004 draft? Based on that one prospects game?). Both goaltenders who have all the tools to do great in the NHL. Besides Auld, the Canucks have basically had ZERO goaltending prospects (everyone else was bound for minor league careers) since like..........the beginning of the franchise :joker:. Basically, anyone who can stop that freakin little dirty ******* (puck), is a perfect player for the Canucks.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
andora said:
for the leafs, i'd say justin pogge - goaltender
How does Justin Pogge fit with the Leafs philosophy!? He's not an overpaid vet, so I fail to see how he fits in with the Leafs.

Just kidding, but I had to get it in before someone else did. :) :p:

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I'd say Aki Seitsonen for the Flames, a Finn playing in the 'Dub, a third line center with no finish. He just screams Calgary.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I don't like to use a bigger name but I feel Chris Higgins or Patrick Eaves fit NJ like a glove. Both are hard working forwards who are gritty and play solid defense. They put the team ahead of themselves. A player like Steve Dixon would also fit our organization.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Oilers - Ovechkin

He can skate and score.

Kovalchuk would be even better cause he doesn't play defense ;) True Oilers hockey!! :lol

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
This is a tough one for the Pens. They are a team in a transition from the high-octane offense of the past to a team relying on hard work and commitment to defense along with skill to win. I'd say Maxime Talbot best defines the new direction of Penguins hockey.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Habs: Hainsey - big wimpy overrated d-man who will never live up to his potential. Fits our team philosophy to a T. (And Cory Urquhart is his forward counterpart).

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Grave77digger said:
konstintine koltsov

Yeah, I'd say Koltsov as well.

He works hard, and never quits, even when he gets crushed, he gets back up again. I think he personifies the direction that Edzo wants to take the team.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
andora said:

Have no problem at all staying away from Ladd :D

That doesn't even take strong self control !!!!!!!!!

leafaholix*

Leafs...

From other teams: Tootoo
From the Leafs: Martin Sagat (big/lanky European forward)

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
SauveQuiPeut said:
Yeah, I'd say Koltsov as well.

He works hard, and never quits, even when he gets crushed, he gets back up again. I think he personifies the direction that Edzo wants to take the team.
Right in line with Koltsov is Noah Welch. Big, mobile, and sound defensively. Seems like that's the Pens new philosophy all around.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rangers:

Garth Murray
Joey Crabb
Mike Walsh

All three can be solid 3rd liners who play a STRONG team-oriented game and all three are said to be good leaders. Murray will also drop the gloves and stick up for anyone.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
for the wings, i'd say andreas jamtin, because he is gritty and can be a pest sometimes. but he's also able to score once in a while, so he could be a great 3rd liner for detroit. being swedish won't hurt his chances. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad