Latvia: Prospect Rodrigo Abols

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Not really. I know absolutely nothing about him. Seems he has a great frame. However, he has to move away from Latvia next year if he wants to achieve something. There are better coaches abroad, better conditions for hockey and bigger chances that any scout cathes a sight of him.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Also would like to add that this guy will play for our u-18 this spring and probably be one of the bigger offensive threats.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
I doubt that he's that good, but will see. I guess Locans / Vasilonoks / Bukarts / Egle will be the best on the offensive end.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I doubt that he's that good, but will see. I guess Locans / Vasilonoks / Bukarts / Egle will be the best on the offensive end.

I have the feeling Abols will suprise a few people,playing against men no matter how strong the league is no small feat and he scores in almost every game in Latvian championship,plus his size 6`3 is a real bonus.

Profins

Sep 30, 2012
Riga
Well, Buss is little bit higher than average, he's a 96' born and plays in EmJHL, which is not the "greatest" league and has average stats.

Zembergs - yes, many have said that he's talanted and a great player. Probably he is, i just didn't count him in, because this season isn't too lucky for him - he was injured for a long time. And that means - lack of practice, still being in EmJHL (he could have been promoted). I hope the next season will be better for him.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Not really. I know absolutely nothing about him. Seems he has a great frame. However, he has to move away from Latvia next year if he wants to achieve something. There are better coaches abroad, better conditions for hockey and bigger chances that any scout cathes a sight of him.

If he goes to the Belarusian league he could get some recognition. Kristians Pelss, Sergei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kolosov, Kaspars Daugavins and Sergei Kukushkin have all been drafted from that league (2004-now) and both Arturs Gavrus and Mikhail Grabovski spent time there since being drafted. Maybe he'll move there?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
If he goes to the Belarusian league he could get some recognition. Kristians Pelss, Sergei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kolosov, Kaspars Daugavins and Sergei Kukushkin have all been drafted from that league (2004-now) and both Arturs Gavrus and Mikhail Grabovski spent time there since being drafted. Maybe he'll move there?

I think its more likely he will just move to some NA league like EJHL

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Well, Buss is little bit higher than average, he's a 96' born and plays in EmJHL, which is not the "greatest" league and has average stats.

Zembergs - yes, many have said that he's talanted and a great player. Probably he is, i just didn't count him in, because this season isn't too lucky for him - he was injured for a long time. And that means - lack of practice, still being in EmJHL (he could have been promoted). I hope the next season will be better for him.

From what i know he now plays in EJHL

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Also you forgot Arturs Buss and Davis Zembergs ;)

Rūdolfs Pētersons (Juniors Riga), imo, is truly impressive on ice and one of the potential leaders as well. With Nazarovs being the head coach, we'll see half of the Juniors Riga roster on the NT anyway..

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Rūdolfs Pētersons (Juniors Riga), imo, is truly impressive on ice and one of the potential leaders as well. With Nazarovs being the head coach, we'll see half of the Juniors Riga roster on the NT anyway..

96 borns look very promising for us.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
I help organize a U16/U18 tournament here in Canada and last year the Latvia Bauer Selects (96s) came to our tournament. They lost in the final but were the best team all weekend.

Abols, Zembergs, and Buss were all very good players. I hope to see more of them in the future at the international level.

n80

Mar 26, 2009
Washington,DC
I help organize a U16/U18 tournament here in Canada and last year the Latvia Bauer Selects (96s) came to our tournament. They lost in the final but were the best team all weekend.

Abols, Zembergs, and Buss were all very good players. I hope to see more of them in the future at the international level.

As far as I remember - Abols was the best player of this tournament?:handclap:

Hope to see this kid somewhere in North America...:sarcasm:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Played on HK Riga's 4th line together with other 96 born guys in World Junior Cup 2013 vs Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL), Omsk Hawks (MHL), Vitkovice Steel (Czech U20) and Sudbury Wolves (OHL), got an assist in 4 games. Also got an assist playing for U20 team in a prep tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->