Prospect Releases

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I'm guessing that following the completion of the entry draft, that prospect releases will be the next issue tackled.

I know that volunteers are usually asked of for this dutie, so I'm willing to throw my name out there to handle it. Since I broke my hand I'm not working for a little while so I've got some time on my "hands" and it would give me something to do...lol

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
HEY! Are you trying to steal my only job in this league???

LOL... anyway.. I already have a few GM's lists even though we have not 'officially' entered into this phase. That said - if you really really want to tackle the job you can - and I will send over the lists - otherwise - GM's can send in thier lists to me at any time.

:D

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
HFNHL Flames said:
HEY! Are you trying to steal my only job in this league???

LOL... anyway.. I already have a few GM's lists even though we have not 'officially' entered into this phase. That said - if you really really want to tackle the job you can - and I will send over the lists - otherwise - GM's can send in thier lists to me at any time.

:D

I don't want it THAT badly Matt...lol

You can keep on it then and I'll just send you my list. Using the normal email for it or did you open up a new email for the releases?

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
for the new league dummies, that means i send you a mail with a list of prospects i no longer want on my prospect list? :confused:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Fan.At said:
for the new league dummies, that means i send you a mail with a list of prospects i no longer want on my prospect list? :confused:

You are correct. Keep in mind, that every prospect on your prospect list that was drafted in 2004 or earlier costs you $50,000 (so 2005 and 2006 draftees are the only prospects exempt).

Thanks for your offer Brock. The Admin team has a bunch of stuff on the go, so we may turn to you to help with something else. And thanks for running with this Matt.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Thanks for your offer Brock. The Admin team has a bunch of stuff on the go, so we may turn to you to help with something else. And thanks for running with this Matt.

No Problem. If you guys think of anything you need done, just shoot me an email.

HFNHL Red Wings

Well, since this thread got started sooner than expected here's a few points to consider:

(i) This is the only time of the year you can release prospects
(ii) Maximum 'futures' list cannot exceed 50 prospects including the just drafted propspects. If you plan on signing a couple before the season begins you can temporarily exceed it but it must be <=50 by season start.
(iii) All prospects drafted more than 2 years ago cost $50,000 each (applied at the start of the season)
(iv) This is the first year of the total organization size scale back to 90 (signed plus futures) and will be further reduced to 80 for next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
The HFNHL LA Kings have released the following prospects:

Brian McConnell
Tomas Zizka
Francois Methot
Andrei Shefer
Zdenek Kutlak
Jonas Elofsson