Prospect Info: Prospect Regular Season & Playoffs - 2015/6

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Safe to say that Strome and Keller likely wouldn't mesh well as lines in the future? Basing this on the similarities between Keller and Marner.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Safe to say that Strome and Keller likely wouldn't mesh well as lines in the future? Basing this on the similarities between Keller and Marner.

They're both talented enough offensively to produce regardless of linemates, but both are possession monsters who thrive with the puck on their sticks. I think both of them will be centers anyway, but the ideal linemate for either of them is a sure-handed finisher, be it a sniper like Duclair or more of a garbage collector.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Both C's. Strome has a very good shot but needs to get it off quicker. Both are capable of quarterbacking PP off half wall. Both like the cross ice pass through traffic.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Nice Apple from Keller in first.

Strome waking up. Plays better when he drives the play. Not suited to playing support.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Chychrun has stood out positively. Pushing for increased playing time.

Kellers chemistry with Bellows is just fun to watch.

Fisher with a good shift on the Logan Brown goal.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Chychrun besides getting caught up ice 1 time has played really, really well.

And yes, Strome needs to drive the play and has been doing well. Jost missed a couple opportunities from Strome and Marner missed a layup at the end from Strome to at least get 1 goal for Canada.

All the Coyotes are playing well.

Keller is going to be really great...he's exceptionally creative.

Fischer has also been good.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Nice Apple from Keller in first.

Strome waking up. Plays better when he drives the play. Not suited to playing support.

I haven't been able to catch any of this tournament, but this is why I was saying the other day that Keller and Strome likely won't be ideal linemates for each other even if one shifts to wing. Both need to be in the driver's seat, and there's only one puck.

Chychrun has stood out positively. Pushing for increased playing time.

Kellers chemistry with Bellows is just fun to watch.

Fisher with a good shift on the Logan Brown goal.

The way Bellows and Keller complement each other is the most promising path I see for Perlini in this organization. Keller is the sort of player who can produce with many different kinds of players (notwithstanding guys like himself and Strome), but Perlini is the closest thing we've got to Bellows's skill set.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Strome set up Marner for a tap in and he whiffed. Actually I'm okay with Stromes game tonight.

I love Marner but he's been awful tonight. Worst viewing ever for him.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Keller just scored

Strome and Marner do not have any chemistry...but the one thing Strome doesn't do is turnover the puck.

Marner has been a turnover machine...and he's on the ice a lot.

Stome would have 2 assists tonight if Jost or Marner could put in a tap in.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'm still lost as to why Chychrun plays for Canada and not USA. He grew up in USA. He'd have far more opportunities with Team USA. So why Canada?

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
best player on ice was Keller and the best D was McAvoy...although I'm not sure how many points McAvoy will score in the Pros, probably more of a Trouba style Dman, plays good D and can hit.

The Canadian team was a turnover machine...and I think that this will be the worst team Canada brings to world juniors in over 20 years.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
A top 6 of

Domi/Strome/Duclair
Keller/Dvorak/Fischer

has me very excited.

The second line could be similar to the Knights top line. Keller as a better version of Marner, and Fischer as Tkachuk.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Keller as a better version of Marner

I dare you to float that opinion out there on the main board.

Also, Fischer doesn't have the offense of Tkachuk. Tkachuk will find the scoresheet more often even if he doesn't have Marner or Matthews helping him.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Keller is Team USAa's 1C at age of 18 for a 19 year old tournament on a stacked team USA.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Keller is Team USAa's 1C at age of 18 for a 19 year old tournament on a stacked team USA.

Yeah this pick is looking better and better. Really think he would have been top 5 if he had played in the CHL. Was really impressed by the highlights I saw during last nights game. He oozes confidence. He plays a simpler game than Marner too so not as eye popping but just as effective.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I can't believe I forgot to record this! Damnit!

Damn. I was hoping to discuss Chychruns play. Honestly I didn't hate it. In fact he showed up and deserved increased playing time. I think he makes the team.

Surprisingly I didn't love Fabbro's game. As someone who raved about him at u18s I'm confused.

Best D on ice was MacAvoy by a mile. Laid out Crouse with a clean hit but there will be a lot of hindsight on him from everyone who drafted a D lower. hits like Marchment/Ballard. Surprised the hell out of me.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Best D on ice was MacAvoy by a mile. Laid out Crouse with a clean hit but there will be a lot of hindsight on him from everyone who drafted a D lower. hits like Marchment/Ballard. Surprised the hell out of me.

The only thing about McAvoy is how much offensive game does he have. He's really steady in his own end and if you watched the games, he's not afraid to absolutely lay people out, plays extremely big for his size.

Keller impresses me more every time I see him. The only time he doesn't impress is doing drills...which is funny to say. It's almost like he's got an 'extra' game code he presses before he plays as he becomes much quicker and faster when he's playing.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
and apparently someone floated the Keller > Marner in the showcase thread and there was another agreed.

I didn't want to bring it up because our forum is smarter than that, and it's always better if another non-coyotes poster mentions it.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The only thing about McAvoy is how much offensive game does he have. He's really steady in his own end and if you watched the games, he's not afraid to absolutely lay people out, plays extremely big for his size.

Keller impresses me more every time I see him. The only time he doesn't impress is doing drills...which is funny to say. It's almost like he's got an 'extra' game code he presses before he plays as he becomes much quicker and faster when he's playing.

You can just see how Keller just needs to add some strength and how much more dominant he will be. 2 points last night and felt he was just scratching surface. Chemistry with Bellows is just amazing. Blown away by it. Hull and Oates like.

I agree 100% on your comments with MacAvoy. I thought he had some good pinches in both games that I saw him in. Honestly the way he hit and carried the puck is what I wanted to see out of Chychrun this year.

Speaking of Chychrun. I hated Team Canada's D but Chychrun I felt showed up. He left me wanting to see him play more and most of the other team canada D a lot less.

I thought Logan Browns skillset was on display. Kunin as well for US was a good player. Shift disturber.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
and apparently someone floated the Keller > Marner in the showcase thread and there was another agreed.

I didn't want to bring it up because our forum is smarter than that, and it's always better if another non-coyotes poster mentions it.

Yeah. Why poke that bear. Marner puts up a mvp season and then craps the bed in a mean nothing 2 games and its a big deal? Please. Marner was awful but let's not start thumping our chest too loudly. What I'm wondering was how much of that performance was related to he Zleafd brass that were being prominently shown on tv.

I actually didn't mind Stromes game. No points but created chances. Wanted more of course.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Damn. I was hoping to discuss Chychruns play. Honestly I didn't hate it. In fact he showed up and deserved increased playing time. I think he makes the team.

Surprisingly I didn't love Fabbro's game. As someone who raved about him at u18s I'm confused.

Marchment/Ballard. The good old days. Hope we see so of that from Schenn this year.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Speaking of Chychrun. I hated Team Canada's D but Chychrun I felt showed up. He left me wanting to see him play more and most of the other team canada D a lot less.

I thought Logan Browns skillset was on display. Kunin as well for US was a good player. Shift disturber.

Yeah, I don't know what team Canada sees in Chabot or the other Canadian D...just awful.

For the US, Keller was by far the best, he and Bellows do have some extreme chemistry. As far as other guys, I thought Logan Brown was good, Kunin was just a tad behind him and Thompson was just a tad behind Kunin.

So I would have moved Fischer to Keller's RW instead of Thompson, he was playing better. Boeser has a good shot, but outside of the PP, I'm not sure how impressive he was. Greenway is just what he is, a banger, going to be a solid 4th liner, but nothing more. I liked Roslovic, he had a good game.

Fitzgerald and Lindgren play solid D...not going to help on the offensive side, but just solid in their own end.

The D pairings for Canada were just bad. Roy isn't good and that is who Chychrun was paired with. Bean had a couple good pinches and you can see why he led the league in D goals, but he's a trainwreck in his own end. Chabot isn't very good either, I thought Juulsen had a decent game along with Chychrun.

Chabot and Fabbro were bad along with Girard and Hobbs.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I actually didn't mind Stromes game. No points but created chances. Wanted more of course.

The good news about Strome's game was that he wasn't turning over the puck. He created several chances and that is his game, he'll float around most of the game, but there will be several spots where he will create some chances that will lead to pts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->