Prospect Info: Prospect Regular Season & Playoffs - 2015/6

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's only OHL guys, so no Hank.

He's talking the Chayka article not the Otten article. The reason Hank wasn't mentioned is because he wasn't at rookie camp. He's got too much pro experience to be at rookie camp. They also didn't mention Dauphin or Gaudet for example.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
He's talking the Chayka article not the Otten article. The reason Hank wasn't mentioned is because he wasn't at rookie camp. He's got too much pro experience to be at rookie camp. They also didn't mention Dauphin or Gaudet for example.

He did talk Dauphin, but splitting hairs. This was Hank's 2nd pro year, technically, and Dauphin's first full year. But you're probably right.

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
That makes sense, thanks.

At this point, if Hank made the team it would be kinda out-of-nowhere like Martinook was last year. I really want him to pan out. Love his game.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's really only got to be better than Ryan White. That shouldn't be impossible. White's cheap enough to be forward 13. It's a tall order for Hank but it's doable.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I thought Perlini was good in the rookie camp. And Fischer might hang around to the last round of cuts. But I think Samuelsson's going to be the dark horse candidate this year. If he's fully recovered and we don't make any other forward acquisitions, I expect him to push for the last spot. I think they'd like to have another right handed shot and we have limited options close to graduation in the prospect pool.

I could also see a carousel of hungry prospects getting call-ups from Tucson this year.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Kellers creativity is fun to watch. Catching up on Swe/uS game from today. Good stuff.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Wait keller is playing now? What is happening?

Summer camps for World Juniors. Televised in Canada.

Watching final minute of 1st. He just made a cross ice pass in traffic on PP that was treated as routine (ignored) by commentators but it is a piece of art. Deserving to be rewound because that should have been a goal. Amazing vision and hand skills. Be prepared to be amazed by this kid.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Watching final minute of 1st. He just made a cross ice pass in traffic on PP that was treated as routine (ignored) by commentators but it is a piece of art. Deserving to be rewound because that should have been a goal. Amazing vision and hand skills. Be prepared to be amazed by this kid.

Play again on Friday. Televised in NHL network I believe.

Awesome thanks for the heads up.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

How do you compare him to Marner?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
We'll get a chance to catch the game on Saturday at 4.

Several of the Coyotes high-end prospects are taking part in development camps for Team USA and Team Canada this week, as those entities begin preparations for the 2017 IIHF World Junior Championship.

First-round draft picks Dylan Strome, Nick Merkley and Jakob Chychrun are attending Canada’s camp, and first-round pick Clayton Keller and second-round pick Christian Fischer are attending the USA’s camp.

The two teams will play an exhibition game against each other on Saturday at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Mich. NHL Network will broadcast that game at 4 p.m. (AZ time).

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Tune in to nhl network to see Strome in action for Canada.. Sweden is making the Canadian goalie look awful so far and is up 4-1.

strome displaying some good vision on a couple of late rushes to finish the 1st period, but hopefully they can look a little better in the second period. Playing on a line with Marner who has generated some offense off turnovers but other than that and the aforementioned chances created by Strome, not much else to speak of offensively from Canada.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Marner and Strome lack chemistry. Marner shouldn't be playing the right half wall as he's forced to pass on backhand. Versus Strome who has a shooting option and is harder to defend against on the right side. Using Marner on half wall on right side and parking Strome beside the net is just asking for a turnover.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad