Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bellerive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Between Legare and O'Connor for me. I see them having similar upsides, with Legare getting the slight edge there. This'd be as a complimentary top six winger.

However, I see Legare's floor being lower. I also think O'Connor is way closer to NHL action than Legare.

And for those reasons I voted O'Connor.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I absolutely LOVE looking back on these lists because you see some of our amazing HFP members who are well educated in the prospect pool. They usually hit the nail on the head w/ these guys.

I've always said our prospects thread is like the hands-off thread devoted to OG great posters who know what the f*** they talk about.

Reactions: Gallatin

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Pretty clear cut polls so far. I wonder when we’ll start to see closer results.

I think it starts now. Those first two prospects I think are guaranteed NHL players. I don't think you can say that about any of the other prospects. Whoever gets picked next could easily be a bust. My bet is that we will be wrong and some player we chose way down the list turns out to be better than who wins this 3rd spot. I really think it could be any number of players such as Legare who I think wins this or Maniscalco, Lee, O'Connor, Blomquist, Clang, or some other off the board prospect. Any of the above could turn out to be the best of this bunch and also has a chance to be the better than the number 1. For example if Blomquist or Clang become our next starter after Jarry they could turn out the best. O'Connor could max out his potential and turn out better than Poulin. While not likely it could happen if Poulin doesn't develop as well as we hope. It also wouldn't be a stretch if Maniscalco or Lee turned out better than POJ.

All this next tier of prospects all have potential to be good NHL players but also could be AHL players the rest of their careers if they don't develop well. I think many have as high of ceiling as our top tier but the floor is lower. For example Poulin has the two way game and no weaknesses that could stop him from getting some NHL time. But Legare has some issues to work on to become a solid NHL regular. If Legare puts it all together he can become a top 6 forward that is a big goal scorer if not he could be a career minor league player.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I absolutely LOVE looking back on these lists because you see some of our amazing HFP members who are well educated in the prospect pool. They usually hit the nail on the head w/ these guys.

I've always said our prospects thread is like the hands-off thread devoted to OG great posters who know what the f*** they talk about.

Where are the 2 Bobby’s at?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd say add Santeri Airola next.

I think I have Gruden and O'Connor ahead of them simply given the fact they are pretty close to being NHL ready if they are going to make the show. Everyone else below them.

I think I might have Cam Lee with Gruden and O'Connor. Between the Rutherford shoutout and Pronman saying he could see Lee playing soon and had a lot of transferrable skills, I think I've got him in my upper AHL prospect tier. Maybe above Gruden tbh.

Maybe Puustinen too. That's the one I really struggle to place most.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I went with Legare. I liked what I saw of him and it seems he has good instincts. He'll also be extra motivated to play with his best friend so maybe that gives him a little extra push to develop.

I'm going to have to read up on O'Connor. I'm not that familiar. If anyone wants to lobby for him to get the next slot, I'm all ears. :help:

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'd say add Santeri Airola next.

I think I might have Cam Lee with Gruden and O'Connor. Between the Rutherford shoutout and Pronman saying he could see Lee playing soon and had a lot of transferrable skills, I think I've got him in my upper AHL prospect tier. Maybe above Gruden tbh.

Maybe Puustinen too. That's the one I really struggle to place most.
Was Lee the guy who was impressive in the rookie camp tourney? I remember one of the invitees on D having a standout camp but the name escapes me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad