Prospect Info: Prospect Rankings #2

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
SKATER PROSPECT: A player 24 or younger with 50 or fewer NHL games. Therefore, Adam Clendening has now graduated with 60 NHL games under his belt and the full season on the NHL roster.

GOALIE PROSPECT: A player 25 or younger with 25 or fewer NHL games.

EXCEPTION 1: If a player completed the required 50/25 games, but is still not regarded as an NHL regular because he's shuffling between the NHL and the AHL, he could still be a prospect as long as he's 24 or younger and if agreed upon by most people here.

EXCEPTION 2: A player who is no older than 25 years old at the time of the vote and is a borderline NHLer could still count if agreed upon by most people here. Hrivik falls under this exception.

canucks-brockboeser.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg

1- Brock Boeser RW (64.04%) - Selected 23rd overall by Vancouver in 2015
"Some scouts are seeing quite a bit of Patrick Sharp in Mr. Boeser. He skates well and has a complete set of goal-scorer's tools. Doesn't give up his own end, and transitions to offense in such a quick and concrete way that he can catch the opposition off-guard."

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Easily Juolevi imo. Who would you be more upset with busting? Who would hurt more being traded? Its Juolevi.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
I think all three are pretty much interchangeable.
If it was Demko who was drafter higher I think most would be ranking him as the better prospect.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I think all three are pretty much interchangeable.
If it was Demko who was drafter higher I think most would be ranking him as the better prospect.

I considered Demko because I place a huge amount of weight on playing professionally.

But he's a goalie. Goalies are impossible. So meh.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Easily Juolevi imo. Who would you be more upset with busting? Who would hurt more being traded? Its Juolevi.

I see your point, but I think this has more to do with where he was drafted than with an assessment of how he's projecting at the moment. His development seems to be modest this year; I think that means he's slipped.

What chance do you think there is of Juolevi becoming a top ten defender in the NHL? What chance is there of Demko becoming a top three goalie?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I see your point, but I think this has more to do with where he was drafted than with an assessment of how he's projecting at the moment. His development seems to be modest this year; I think that means he's slipped.

What chance do you think there is of Juolevi becoming a top ten defender in the NHL? What chance is there of Demko becoming a top three goalie?

I like Demko as well and he has an extra 2 years of development. But theres 62 NHL jobs for goalies. Theres 217 jobs for defensemen. Thats more about their floor, way to early to project either as top of their position performers

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I like Demko as well and he has an extra 2 years of development. But theres 62 NHL jobs for goalies. Theres 217 jobs for defensemen. Thats more about their floor, way to early to project either as top of their position performers

Well, we're being asked to project. I'm not one of those who says confidently that player x will become an elite player, while player y will bust. I'm making a guess -- a very tentative projection. I think there's a better chance that Demko will be elite than there is that Juolevi will be so.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Very close between Demko Gaudette and Juolevi. Went with Juolevi tho but SUPER close

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008

Yea man. He's got the physical attributes to be something we don't have on the team. He can be a "swingman", playin D one shift and forward the next... he'll be meaner than your granny after she's had too much peach schnapps and had bingo cancelled on her (again)... and he can yodel and play the accordeon... simultaneously

Absolutely no other prospect in this organization brings that kind of skillset. Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed you bozos passed him over for top prospect... *sigh*

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Yea man. He's got the physical attributes to be something we don't have on the team. He can be a "swingman", playin D one shift and forward the next... he'll be meaner than your granny after she's had too much peach schnapps and had bingo cancelled on her (again)... and he can yodel and play the accordeon... simultaneously

Absolutely no other prospect in this organization brings that kind of skillset. Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed you bozos passed him over for top prospect... *sigh*

Gotta admit... that's not a very generic opinion.:sarcasm:

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009

Are you the new crobro? Borna Rendulic anyone?

Votes close tomorrow at 5:20pm. New poll will be up then. Have a good All-Star weekend!

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Juolevi... although i believe his D+1 year hasn't been great progression, the fact he is the most recent 5th overall pick more or less influenced my vote. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad