Prospect Info: Prospect Ranking #4

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%

Tony Cameranesi
Spencer Abbott
Joe Colborne
Greg McKegg
Tom Nilsson
Carter Ashton
Tyler Biggs
Stuart Percy
Brad Ross
Jesse Blacker
Josh Leivo
Jerry D'Amigo
Garret Sparks
Mark Owuya
Petter Granberg

Andrew Crescenzi
Sam Carrick
Kevin Marshall
Kenny Ryan
Tyler Brenner
Marcel Mueller
Jamie Devane
David Broll
Max Everson
Andrew MacWilliam
Dennis Robertson
Simon Gysbers
Eric Knodel
Dominic Toninato
Connor Brown
Ryan Rupert
Viktor Loov
Carter Verhaeghe
Fabrice Herzog
Antoine Bibeau
Andreas Johnson
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3

Suggest who I should add next :)

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
haha this is odd. colborne and gauthier ran away with the votes for round 2 so you would think colborne would be a lock for 3rd spot. Now he may not even get 4th.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
haha this is odd. colborne and gauthier ran away with the votes for round 2 so you would think colborne would be a lock for 3rd spot. Now he may not even get 4th.

I was thinking about that too. I think probably the Colborne voters are continuing to vote Joe ... but the Fred voters largely didn't have Joe 3rd.

So the freds and the previous finns all went to finn for #3.
Now maybe the Finns are still not voting for a cup of Joe.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I was thinking about that too. I think probably the Colborne voters are continuing to vote Joe ... but the Fred voters largely didn't have Joe 3rd.

So the freds and the previous finns all went to finn for #3.
Now maybe the Finns are still not voting for a cup of Joe.

As someone who voted Gauthier #2.... thought process might just be a little different.

Not looking at the most NHL ready... looking at a combo of projectable ceiling and NHL readiness. I think Reilly, Gauthier and Finn are a nice mix in that aspect.

Also i disagree with listing a 23 year old 4 year pro as a prospect.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I like granny! he might surprise u and make the team this yr, kids a beast

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Biggs for sure. Guy seems to be under rated by folks on here because of who got picked by others teams after him.

Guy is going to be a beast

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
I can't believe Joe Colborne is going to be our #4 ranked prospect. Just seems unfathomable :laugh:. He's very under appreciated on these forums. Oh well, my selection for #4 (As it was for #2 :)) Jumbo Joe Colborne.

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Tyler Biggs. A real big power forward that is very physical, hits and fights, step up for teammates, is very solid defensively and on the PK, blocks a lot of shot and brings leadership qualities.

The guy will be very liked here and will be very important to our team for years.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Percy. High hockey IQ. Decent all around skills, which due to his intelligence I think he'll be able to maximize results from. Has looked solid at the AHL level both this season and last season in his limited stints.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
I can't remember any time in the past 10 years where we've had a RFA fourth year pro in our top 10 prospects.

I like Colborne's upside but the results just haven't been there. He's borderline not even a prospect anymore, more of a minor leaguer. He might not even be with the organization to start next year.

I'm the Leafs consider some of these other guys more valuable than him.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
I am not sure what the point of this is. Are we rating upside or ability to make the big squad quickly?

With Big Joe what you see is what you get. He is a 23 y/o fourth year pro/ tweener. He isn't even a prospect at this point. He is a known quantity.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
Voted Colborne for this one.

# 5 should be where it starts getting interesting.

There will be lots of reasonable choices: Leivo, Biggs, Granberg, Percy, etc all have a chance at winning.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
After all the off-season moves, i don't know how big Joe even gets a chance to show what he can do in the NHL this year before an injury call-up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad