Prospect Info: Prospect Ranking #3

#3 Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't know a ton about junior hockey compared to others on this board but from what I do know, if you're 20 you're ancient.

If you ain't running roughshod at 20 you probably aren't that good. That's where I'm at with Legare.

I'm no expert, but one thing I would point out is that few guys changing team mid-season light it up for their new team that season, no matter how highly touted or old.

I dunno. The numbers aren't great. It's a bit of a concern that Poulin and Legare didn't hammer the Q in their final season like they showed they could (funky play-off stats aside). Weird season so maybe not that much of one, but not ideal. But, all I can say is, the tools are there on the report and in the video. Up to them to take them forwards.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Keep selecting the safe picks...

Time will tell that Zohorna is our impact player. BOOK IT.

Your avatar is actually my cautionary tale on Zohorna. Big and toolsy but also aimlessly floats for stretches and doesn't use his size well enough.

I wish Bjug had worked out here. I thought he had real potential.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Your avatar is actually my cautionary tale on Zohorna. Big and toolsy but also aimlessly floats for stretches and doesn't use his size well enough.

Bjugstad? Was incredibly talented. I remember watching him early in his career at the WJC and his early years with Florida. Was so big but fast and mobile. Won board battles like crazy. Some guys just can't consistently put it together.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Major back injuries will do it!

Had a good season with Minnesota last year, albeit on limited ice time (and therefore maybe competition).

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
I picked Puustinen. Partially to be different, but not entirely. His more recent season was good, but it started out fantastic. He was on a great scoring pace for several games in a row. He didn't sustain that, but it makes me wonder if his peak is higher and that he might have more room to grow.

I really struggle to think of good comparables for Zohorna and his ceiling. Not many 24 year old rookies to compare with. In a weird way, the best comp I can think of is 23 year old Dom Simon as that's when he started to be around ppg in the AHL, sure he wasn't a rookie but that's when he reached sorta the same level there scoring wise, and they're both cerebral and handsy... only Zohorna is 6'6".
I wonder how well Zohorna would do as the lead forechecker on his line.

Reactions: Andy99 and Peat

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I went with Clang.

Honestly, the guys ranked from like 3-10 could probably be scrambled in a 52 pickup and it would make sense.

They have a decent top 5 that should stand out over the rest.

Considering Hallander not being in North America I'd have Legare as #3.

Mine.

Poulin
POJ
Legare
Hallander
Puuskinen
Linberg
O'Connor
Lee
Angello
Maniscalco

Ad