Prospect Question

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I doubt they would go ahead of Kessel or Johnson, and probably not Backstrom either. My guess is they would go somewhere between 3-7

Bam Beet*

Beesfan said:
I doubt they would go ahead of Kessel or Johnson, and probably not Backstrom either. My guess is they would go somewhere between 3-7
Both would almost definately go before Kessel. Not sure about EJ but probably him too.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Abyss said:
Radulov
Johnson to the Pens
Wolski

Yup Exactly how I would do it, Wolski may not be as good as Staal in the long run, but hes NHL Ready which gives him the edge. I think Radulov will be better than any of the Top 2006 Forwards.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
not a fair question. weve seen them play more and they are older. you could do this about every year and take 2 of the best guys from the previous draft and a year later say they would be top 2 or 3 in the current draft. most of the time going 1 and 2, with the exception of crosby and ovechkin drafts ;)

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
Both are signed I believe, so whats the point?

Wolski is signed for sure, considering he has already played in the NHL.
To play along, Radulov number one for sure.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Sakic's-A-Legend said:
Both would almost definately go before Kessel. Not sure about EJ but probably him too.

Nope. Kessel and EJ are much younger, and both have more upside than the two 1986 born guys. I think Wolski would go 4th, Radulov probably around 7-8.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
Nope. Kessel and EJ are much younger, and both have more upside than the two 1986 born guys. I think Wolski would go 4th, Radulov probably around 7-8.

I fail to see how 2 years equates to being MUCH younger. I also fail to see how being younger makes any difference at all at this point - all it means is that Wolski + Radulov are NHL-ready/1 year away while Kessel is 2-3 years away. In fact, being older is an advantage at this point if anything. You will still get the exact same number of years out of Radulov as you will out of Kessel until they hit free agency as well as it being a complete toss-up in terms of who spends more seasons in the NHL from this point forward. The difference when signing a 35 year old as opposed to a 25 year old does not apply here.

However, what do I know. I would have drafted Nikolai Kulemin over Radulov in 2004 as I would draft him over Radulov now... but Nikolai Kulemin remains undrafted.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm sure they'd go top five.

As a Coyotes fan, I'd put alot of thought into taking Wolski first overall (if we had the pick for some weird reason, and he was in this draft for some other weird reason), as he immediately fills a big need so perfectly.

Wolski-Reinprecht-Doan
Nagy-Comrie-Johnson

:)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad