Prospect predictions

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
People really need to temper their expectations here. They haven't had a good track record developing defenseman, to expect them to go 4/4 on their top blueline prospects is unrealistic.

Hextall will have to display more patience than Holmgren and Clarke did and be willing to let these kids play through the inevitable growing pains. We're all hopeful that's what he does, but we also know Big Ed wants another cup before he dies.

Why does the current Management, Coaching, Development, & Scouting Staffs carry the burden for the teams entire existence?

I'm not disagreeing that with the second part because it's just the nature of the game that not every draftee is going to pan out but I don't understand why using their entire history as backup type of statement when people come & go over the years.

This is the first time in a while that I can remember the Flyers spending a high volume of high picks on the defenders plus they swapped Paddock with Murphy to coach the defense because of his experience working with young defenders so the current brain trust is certainly putting out a strong effort to change things & hopefully for theirs & ours sake we're rewarded with some good fortune for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad