Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I like Nieves' development last year, and I love his combination of size, skating and play-making ability.

Yeah, me too. I watched him a couple of times during the second half of the year and he was a real difference maker. He dictated play every time he stepped on the ice, to the point that the announcers couldn't stop gushing about him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Nieves here.

Totally disagree with Kristo being ahead of Nieves and Skjei. He's 23 and hasn't sniffed the NHL.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nieves here.

Totally disagree with Kristo being ahead of Nieves and Skjei. He's 23 and hasn't sniffed the NHL.

Yup, same here. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of Crisco, but I want him to be a first liner in the AHL immediately. Anything short of that and he's a crappy prospect. This is particularly so considering that Hartford is rather weak on the RW with only Fast as a quality RW there. Considering that Kristo is 23 years old, he should be ahead of Fast. If you aren't at least a borderline NHLer at this age, you will likely never make it.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Nieves here.

Yup, same here. Maybe I just haven't seen enough of Crisco, but I want him to be a first liner in the AHL immediately. Anything short of that and he's a crappy prospect. This is particularly so considering that Hartford is rather weak on the RW with only Fast as a quality RW there. Considering that Kristo is 23 years old, he should be ahead of Fast. If you aren't at least a borderline NHLer at this age, you will likely never make it.

You guys do realize that Kristo only just graduated from college this year, right? It's not like he's been toiling away in the minors and hasn't been good enough to crack the NHL; he stayed all four years at NoDak and put up increasing point totals each year, culminating with 52 in 40 games this past season (which was good enough to tie for second in all of DI college hockey).

I am a huge fan of Nieves, but it is not at all ridiculous that Kristo is ranked where he is. He is a damn fine prospect.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
LOL. Were you two crapping on Hagelin for staying in college for four years? Come on. Kristo is a terrific prospect.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
LOL. Were you two crapping on Hagelin for staying in college for four years? Come on. Kristo is a terrific prospect.

Hags was NHL-ready as soon as he went pro. Like I said, I don't know enough about Kristo, but at a minimum he needs to be a very good AHLer from the start. This isn't like Miller joining as a 19 year old with his only experience being against teenagers.

Kristo's opponents were older and he himself is 23. He doesn't have 4 years to get into his prime. He needs to be a very good AHLer immediately, and a borderline NHLer by the end of the season. If he sucks in the AHL, it won't be as excusable as it would be for someone straight out of the juniors.

That said, I am not saying he won't be good, but my bar for 23 year old prospects is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad