Prospect Info: Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #18

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Tambellini, add Miss

This is the last add correct?

No, we will rank until we have the top 25 listed, and we'll keep adding to the end because another 5 prospects who will make it into the poll, but won't get ranked will be listed as Honorable Mentions.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Personally at least for the time being I have a difficult time ranking this year's 3rd round picks (Buchnevich, Duclair, Tambellini) over former 3rd round pick Fogarty who at least is two years down the development road. Maybe Buchnevich who certainly seems to have more skill but who may be most in need of learning how to play an all around game. It's not that I expect great things from Fogarty but he has size and wheels and his learning curve for playing in his own end is not as bad as the others.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Personally at least for the time being I have a difficult time ranking this year's 3rd round picks (Buchnevich, Duclair, Tambellini) over former 3rd round pick Fogarty who at least is two years down the development road. Maybe Buchnevich who certainly seems to have more skill but who may be most in need of learning how to play an all around game. It's not that I expect great things from Fogarty but he has size and wheels and his learning curve for playing in his own end is not as bad as the others.

Once you get past the top 10 or so, it goes from mostly blind guessing to completely blind guessing. Nobody voting can do more than say, "This guy's scouting report sounds interesting."

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Again going with Tambellini. I'm not high on him, though I don't think he should be this low. I think not seeing him at development camp has contributed to his slide here.

Add Skapski. I'm hoping he's a late round sleeper. Talbot's got zero shot at making the NHL so if Skapski isn't a legit long term prospect then the Rangers are really, foolishly, putting all their eggs in one basket.

I think a few absolutely ripping the pick (for no real reason, I might add) had more to do with him being low than anything else, IMO.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Once you get past the top 10 or so, it goes from mostly blind guessing to completely blind guessing. Nobody voting can do more than say, "This guy's scouting report sounds interesting."

That's true enough. Fogarty to me is more projectable at the moment--in large part due to two years of development from his draft.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Speak for yourself! All of the AHL, college and CHL guys are easy to watch, and many of us have seen plenty of each of those guys. Lindberg and Fast are harder to see, but even they're available if you look hard enough.

It's not like it was just 5 years ago, where you had to see the kids in person or not at all. If you're willing to pay, you can see a ton of their games.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Speak for yourself! All of the AHL, college and CHL guys are easy to watch, and many of us have seen plenty of each of those guys. Lindberg and Fast are harder to see, but even they're available if you look hard enough.

It's not like it was just 5 years ago, where you had to see the kids in person or not at all. If you're willing to pay, you can see a ton of their games.

But Lindberg and Fast are in the top ten. They could still not make it for any number of unforeseen factors, hence the mostly blind, but I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about guys who've barely played in the men's leagues like Andersson and Spelling and guys like our recent third rounders haven't come close to filling out yet. Outside the first 10ish, these guys either have much lower ceilings (ie Yogan) or they have a ton of developing left to do before anything close to a call can be made on what they are (ie Tambellini).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad