• Bogdan Trineyev

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Boggy is an NHL player. He'll make a really nice 3rd liner one day. He's big, strong and has some offensive flare to his game. He's quietly having a really nice first year in North America and has played up and down the lineup and on the PK. I think based on possible potential you could go Allen or Gibson but Bogdan is probably twice as likely to be an NHLer in my eyes.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Boggy is an NHL player. He'll make a really nice 3rd liner one day. He's big, strong and has some offensive flare to his game. He's quietly having a really nice first year in North America and has played up and down the lineup and on the PK. I think based on possible potential you could go Allen or Gibson but Bogdan is probably twice as likely to be an NHLer in my eyes.
He stinks! You’re totally wrong!!

LOL, I am KIDDING, of course. I was torn between picking Trineyev or Funk.

I decided to get a little Funk-y…..shiny new toy and all.

Serial_Derecho

Apr 11, 2006
Charles Town, WV
I went with Suzdalev. Yes, its been a disappointing year for him. And yes, there's the perception of him being a by-product of Bedard. But, there is also an upside with him that I dont see with the rest of the list. There is real talent there, but I feel is confidence has taken a hit this year.. Next season is going to be a huge for him in determining what that upside really is.

Last edited:

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
Went with Lemay (mostly because I'm biased by Wheeler's rankings). I like that he improved year over year (12 points to 18 points) and was the second highest scoring defenseman on a UNO team that made the NCAA tourney (and went 1+1 in their loss to Minnesota). He's transferring to Northeastern for his junior year.

This is the point in the rankings where to me it becomes wide open. There are so many options here around the same level - (in the order I thought of them) Funk, Johnson, Gucciardi, Suzadalev, Gibson, Keller, Allen, Persson, Trineyev are all around the same tier in my book (either longshots with upside or lower upside but more likely to reach that ceiling).

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Went with Lemay (mostly because I'm biased by Wheeler's rankings). I like that he improved year over year (12 points to 18 points) and was the second highest scoring defenseman on a UNO team that made the NCAA tourney (and went 1+1 in their loss to Minnesota). He's transferring to Northeastern for his junior year.

This is the point in the rankings where to me it becomes wide open. There are so many options here around the same level - (in the order I thought of them) Funk, Johnson, Gucciardi, Suzadalev, Gibson, Keller, Allen, Persson, Trineyev are all around the same tier in my book (either longshots with upside or lower upside but more likely to reach that ceiling).

Didn't think anyone in 8-14 range has distinguished themselves this year as much as Funk so I went Funk but I don't know what else to go off at this point than his rankings, where guys where drafted, and stats

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US

Didn't think anyone in 8-14 range has distinguished themselves this year as much as Funk so I went Funk but I don't know what else to go off at this point than his rankings, where guys where drafted, and stats

I considered voting for Funk too. As I said, there's just a lot of names in play at this stage.

Note that Wheeler's 8-10 was Gibson at 8, Lemay at 9, and Johnson at 10. Otherwise, this poll and his rankings have generally matched (except that he included Lappy at 4).

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Went HHA. At this point these guys are all completely wide open on if they become NHL guys or even get NHL games. HHA had NHL games this year so he gets the nod for me.
Pretty much this. Everyone from here on out is a big gamble, but HHA has at least shown that he's on the verge.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Yep they are all gambles at this point. But Trineyev was an easy pick for me (although he got like the third most votes). he has a great frame at 6’3 200 lbs and is only 22. he is trending upwards and while he won’t play in NHL this year, I think he’ll be ready for call-ups next year. He is great on the PK and on 4th line but can easily play up to the 3RW. having him compete for a 4RW spot in Washington will be good for all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad