Denmark: Prospect Nikolaj Ehlers

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Looks like Nikolaj will be getting his NLA debut tonight...

Finally main stream media in Denmark are paying some attention to this possible best ever danish prospect..

I talked to a friend in the alpen-country and they are very impressed. Also talked to a friend from Sweden who likes this kid.. ANd apparently he is high on allot of scouting lists.

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/supertalent-skriver-ishockeyhistorie

Extraordinary development. I would have thought Biel would have waited to next year!
So Biel has upgraded Nikolaj Ehlers U20 to NLA and he will play with Tyler Seguin and Patrick Kane. He finished his U20 run being 3'rd on the point list with 20G 20A (nice round figures!) in 28 matches.
So will be very exciting what he can achieve against adults.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Looks like he played on the 4th line, not surprisingly. I would expect that he continues to play U20, with the occasional NLA game, when there are injuries or if he proves that he deserves more. Apparently he had a few good actions in the game. From the Biel website:

Es war eine würdige Derby-Kulisse vor fast ausverkauftem Haus und das Publikum würdigte auch diverse tolle Aktionen mit Szene-Applaus. Darunter auch einige von Nicolaj Ehlers, Sohn von Aufstiegs-Coach Heinz Ehlers, der heute sein NLA-Debüt gab und gleich im ersten Drittel Tavares den Puck abluchsen konnte!

My german is not very good, and google translate has problem with the last sentence, so I'm not sure what the connection between Ehlers and Tavares is here. So if someone with a better understanding of the German language could shed some light on it, I would appreciate it greatly.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
My german is not very good, and google translate has problem with the last sentence, so I'm not sure what the connection between Ehlers and Tavares is here. So if someone with a better understanding of the German language could shed some light on it, I would appreciate it greatly.

I'm guessing that he stripped Tavares of the puck in the first period. Hardly earth moving stuff, but that's my best offering.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
That's the correct translation. :)

Biel developed some very good players in the last few years, it's surely a good place for Ehlers.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ehlers is playing his 2nd game in the NLA today. He is listed on the Biel site as playing on the 1st line, in reality it's probably the 2nd line, since Kane, Micflikier and Pouliot are the three topscorers on the team. But there is merely semantics since he is playing with talented players and should see a lot of ice time. And he has also scored his first NLA goal today, in his first shift of the game.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Great for his confidence that he scores allready in his second match (and a great goal it was)....is he the youngest goalscorer in the NLA league through time?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Michel Riesen played his first NLA game with EHC Biel at the age of 15 and even scored 2 goals.

Quite an impressive youth record he carries around. Perhaps he simply peaked very early and then stagnated in his development?! Seen it happen to Kirill Starkov as well.

Apparently Nikolaj Ehlers are looking towards Sweden for the next season; probably a plan to get the usual discliplined and defensive education many danish players have got throught the years.
Source: http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Quite an impressive youth record he carries around. Perhaps he simply peaked very early and then stagnated in his development?! Seen it happen to Kirill Starkov as well.

Apparently Nikolaj Ehlers are looking towards Sweden for the next season; probably a plan to get the usual discliplined and defensive education many danish players have got throught the years.
Source: http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/nikolaj-i-nhl-laere

Original Article

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Beside playing with the men, Nikolaj Ehlers is apparently still scoring goals in the U20.

Has now 22G 20A in 30 matches, and Biel is now 13 out of 14 teams. He is currently number 4 in the point list.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nikolaj Ehlers seems to bounds a little back and forth between U20 and Biel's NLA team.

He has 24G 21A in 31 matches for Biel U20 and 1G 1A in 5 games for Biel NLA; so it's going really great for him.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
He played both NLA games over the weekend. In the first game where he picked up an assist he was playing on the top line. While in the 2nd match he had the role of 13th forward, so I'm not sure if he even got any ice-time. Since the games where back-to-back, it's not unlikely that Biel realises that he's not physically ready to play fulltime in the NLA at this point, and therefore they rested him in the 2nd game.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ehlers was on the NLA roster for the first time in a couple of weeks today, after having been out with an injury. Though he was only on the roster as the 13th forward, so I don't know if he saw any ice-time. He should be ready to play for the U18 nationalteam next week.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/clubs/de/biel.php

He is listed here as having played 6 games for Biel in NLA with 1G 1A, so since last time (21 jan) it seems he was genrally 13'th forward with no playing time. Only got 1 more match these last 2 weeks.

As I just mentioned he has been injured and was back as 13th forward on saturday. But even if he's 13th forward it is still being counted as a game played since he is on the official gameday roster. I think NLA teams are allowed to have 20 skaters on the their gameday roster.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
As I just mentioned he has been injured and was back as 13th forward on saturday. But even if he's 13th forward it is still being counted as a game played since he is on the official gameday roster. I think NLA teams are allowed to have 20 skaters on the their gameday roster.

Oh I just thought he sat out as 13'th forward because slightly injured - there scratched, but didn't know you get counted even when not on the ice?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nikolaj Ehlers were back playing for Biel U20....and has now 26G 23A in 32 games.
2G 2A game night in a 6-3 win. Not bad!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->