Denmark: Prospect Nikolaj Ehlers

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Where did you find out who recorded assists in the games? I could only find the short reports on al-bankligaen.dk, and they only mentioned who scored the goal.s

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Nikolaj Ehlers seem to be playing more or less like his level last year for Biel U20.
So far 6G 5A in 13 maches. He is actually below 1 point/game which is a little regress from last year with 17G 17A in 28 matches. But then Biel is 13 out of 14 teams, so they seem to be struggling.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
The team is quite bad. But Ehlers has been a part of 36% of all goals scored by the team, which is not bad. And no one on the team is at a PPG pace right now because the team has a hard time scoring, they only score around 2.3 goals per game. And they recently went 7 or 8 games without scoring more than 2 goals.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The team is quite bad. But Ehlers has been a part of 36% of all goals scored by the team, which is not bad. And no one on the team is at a PPG pace right now because the team has a hard time scoring, they only score around 2.3 goals per game. And they recently went 7 or 8 games without scoring more than 2 goals.

For what it's worth, he is a ppg player as of now.

17gp - 10g - 7a - 17pt

Keeping in mind it is on such a bad team, and he is by far the youngest then its quite good.

Jevo, can you calculate how big a percentage of the goals he has been involved in as of now?

He is right now the leading U17 player in the U20 league, infront of Timo Meier and Pius Suter.
He is CLEAR number one in only terms of goals.

Fabrice Herzog is the youngest guy on the top ten scoring but he is on a good team feeding better players and getting fed by better players.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
I believe he is doing as expected on a weak team.
He has been directly involved in 17 of his teams 46 goals, that is 37%!

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Nicolaj Ehlers has been doing great lately.
New update from eliteprospects has him on 14G 10A in 20 matches.

This is really impressive for a 16 year old!

Im really getting exited for him.. He is leading scorer on his team, but also the youngest :)

Don't know how strong 2014 draft is looking, but he could be top 20 talent :)

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
This is really impressive for a 16 year old!

Im really getting exited for him.. He is leading scorer on his team, but also the youngest :)

Don't know how strong 2014 draft is looking, but he could be top 20 talent :)

I would think he is up there among the top danish talents of all time. If he continues he would be an almost certain 1'st draft pick. How high will be exiting to see. I agree with top 20 is possible, depending on how strong the 2014 draft will be.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ehlers with 4 goals tonight, now have 11 points (7G 4A) in 4 games since the national team break. A really impressive stretch. This brings his total to 30 (18G 12A) in 22 matches.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Ehlers with 4 goals tonight, now have 11 points (7G 4A) in 4 games since the national team break. A really impressive stretch. This brings his total to 30 (18G 12A) in 22 matches.

WOW, he is really on fire, and has moved up to be an incredible no 4, on the high scorer list.

He has been directly involved in 46% of his teams goals!

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ehlers got another 3 assists in 2 matches this weekend. Next weekend is the last two games of the first part of the season. After that the 14 team league splits into two, with the top 7 teams playing each other twice, and the bottom 7 teams doing the same. Points are carried over, and while the top 7 teams are playing to determine playoff seeding, the bottom 7 teams are playing for 8th and last playoff spot, while the last 6 teams has to play a relegation tournament.

Biel will be in the bottom half, like they were last year too. This should boost Ehlers stats, since he will be playing more games against worse teams. But it will be hard to use them for comparison since other players are playing against better teams. But we can use it to track his progression from year to year.

While eliteprospects lump the stats from the two together into one, the Swiss hockey union, luckily for us, doesn't. Their site tells us that Ehlers scored 26 points in 23 matches during the "vorrunde" last year, equal to 1.13 PPG, this year he is at 33 points in 24 matches, equal to 1.38 PPG, a very good progression.

Yes I was bored this morning, why are you asking?

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ehlers got another 3 assists in 2 matches this weekend. Next weekend is the last two games of the first part of the season. After that the 14 team league splits into two, with the top 7 teams playing each other twice, and the bottom 7 teams doing the same. Points are carried over, and while the top 7 teams are playing to determine playoff seeding, the bottom 7 teams are playing for 8th and last playoff spot, while the last 6 teams has to play a relegation tournament.

Biel will be in the bottom half, like they were last year too. This should boost Ehlers stats, since he will be playing more games against worse teams. But it will be hard to use them for comparison since other players are playing against better teams. But we can use it to track his progression from year to year.

While eliteprospects lump the stats from the two together into one, the Swiss hockey union, luckily for us, doesn't. Their site tells us that Ehlers scored 26 points in 23 matches during the "vorrunde" last year, equal to 1.13 PPG, this year he is at 33 points in 24 matches, equal to 1.38 PPG, a very good progression.

Yes I was bored this morning, why are you asking?

By all means...please be bored more often :D
Thanks for this info, would have taken me ages to find myself.
3 assist in 2 games....sounds like he is in a slump they way he played before that :laugh:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Appears Ehlers has been called up to the Danish U20 WJC team after Jonas Sass got injured. In the first test match against Japan he got 1 assist, the boxscore from the second game against Japan is still not available. The final team selection is tomorrow.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ehlers scored a goal in the 2nd game against Japan, and has likely made a very good case for himself in these two games. If he got any assists in this game is unknown to me at this point.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ehlers scored a goal in the 2nd game against Japan, and has likely made a very good case for himself in these two games. If he got any assists in this game is unknown to me at this point.

:handclap: so good to have him also collecting points for the danish U20 NT.
But apparently he wasn't picked for the WC U20 team, so he will have to play U18 instead.
Source: http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Not surprised, he was a late call up, so he had his work cut out for him. And this year is probably one of the hardest years for a young player to make the team. The 92 generation wasn't very strong, at least not on offence, we only had 3 92 forwards on the team last year. So not a lot of spots have opened up. And the 93 generations is one of the best in years. Last year there was 14 players on the team not in their last season of eligibility, this year it's only 8. Most other years I think he would have made the team, but just not this one.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Not surprised, he was a late call up, so he had his work cut out for him. And this year is probably one of the hardest years for a young player to make the team. The 92 generation wasn't very strong, at least not on offence, we only had 3 92 forwards on the team last year. So not a lot of spots have opened up. And the 93 generations is one of the best in years. Last year there was 14 players on the team not in their last season of eligibility, this year it's only 8. Most other years I think he would have made the team, but just not this one.

Yeah it look promising for a quick return to the elitedivision with this season U20 roster.
So Nikolaj Ehlers will have to fight for the return of the U18 team instead.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
The depth of the team is really good this year, and is probably one of the best Denmark has seen in a long time. But it's a shame that Nicklas Jensen isn't playing, he would have been the best player in the tournament. But Denmark should still be one of the favourites to promote.

Back to Ehlers, he isn't wasting his time. Already back in Swtizerland he has one 1 goal after one period of this nights game. Just a mere 24 hours after his latest game.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The depth of the team is really good this year, and is probably one of the best Denmark has seen in a long time. But it's a shame that Nicklas Jensen isn't playing, he would have been the best player in the tournament. But Denmark should still be one of the favourites to promote.

Back to Ehlers, he isn't wasting his time. Already back in Swtizerland he has one 1 goal after one period of this nights game. Just a mere 24 hours after his latest game.

Nope that's for certain. 19G 16A now in 25 matches and 3-4'th in points in the Swiss U20 as 16 years old....on a team that is 14'th out of 14.
It's time for :handclap::yo: WOW

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Ehlers ends the "vorrunde" with 37 points in 26 games. Good enough for 4th in the league. And 37 points means that he was a part of just shy of 50% of his teams 75 goals.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ehlers ends the "vorrunde" with 37 points in 26 games. Good enough for 4th in the league. And 37 points means that he was a part of just shy of 50% of his teams 75 goals.

So Nikolaj Ehlers ended with 19G 18A, which is some improvement from last year.

Biel finished 14'th and last with just 24 points in 26 matches. Last year they were 10'th after the "vorrunde" with 31 points, so better production on worse team from him.

Point production Swiss U20:
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spiele/de/statistik_juna.php

Standing after 1'st phase ("vorrunde"):
http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spiele/eja/de/phase1_ranking.php?league=1&season=2013&month=12

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Eliteprospects has Ehlers as having played 7 matches with the Danish U20 team, and scoring 10 points. That has to be a mistake right? From what I remember he has only played 2 or 3 games.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Eliteprospects has Ehlers as having played 7 matches with the Danish U20 team, and scoring 10 points. That has to be a mistake right? From what I remember he has only played 2 or 3 games.

Yeah I think that sounds pretty weird as well. Maybe they have confused him with big brother Sebastian Ehlers?

I think Nikolaj Ehlers had 2 NT-matches in U20 with 1 goal and 1 assist and the rest being U18!?

Sebastian Ehlers had at this U20 division 1A 5 matches with 4 goals and 4 assists.
Maybe thats why they end up at 5G 5A??

Otherwise we have missed some tournaments....:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad