GDT: Prospect Night: North Dakota vs Denver

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Heads up to whoever wants to see 2 of our prospects. Mark McMillan and his Fighting Sioux against Josiah Didier and his Pioneers.

On TSN2 at 9:30.

Mark McMillan: #16
Josiah Didier: #4

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Wow....and the first chance we can see those 2 prospects this year, MacMillan is ejected 7 minutes into the game.....:shakehead

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Just saw the play that ejected McMillan...what a weak ass penalty. Mark is just putting his hand on the guy's back and frankly it's more about the skates touching each other that sends the guy on the boards than anything else.....stupid penalty.

As far as Didier is concerned....he is an extremely interesting project. His goal was wrister rocket...can't believe this guy can't score more or be more offensively involved. What a great wrister he has. Might amount to nothing at all as he doesn't have one great trait. But just seems so solid defensively. Not a bad skater, I think he could need some extra steps. But seemed that he could clearly fill a #6 defensively only oriented need at one point if he keeps going in his progression. This guy has to be signed. Not sure if they were hoping more numbers to sign him, if so, he's done. But that would be a stupid way of seeing things. But then, it could go a total different way. I see his game and he reminds me of another huge guy I had a crush on back in the days in Will Weber. This guy was huge and was dominating defensively the NCAA. And yet where is he at today? Well he's NOT dominating the AHL. Yet again, it's all about progression and ceiling. I guess Weber's ceiling was what we were seeing in the NCAA. Needs to know now what is Didier's but for that to happen, he needs to be signed. Or another comparison closer to us could be Jon Gleed. Looked awfully effective defensively. And now he's effective in Germany. But again, I want Didier sign to know what he could reached as far as his ceiling is concerned.

I'm expecting and hoping both of our 2015 kids to be signed in Didier and Macmillan.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Oh and Jim Montgomery is the Denver coach.

Montgomery known as "the guy who we got for Guy Carbonneau after Carbo showed the middle finger to the Journal de Montréal....."

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I watched some of the Saturday night game, didn't see the MacMillan hit from Friday but it couldn't have been too bad since he didn't get suspended. North Dakota took it to DU but I thought Didier had a good game overall. After starting the season with just 1 pt in 12 games he's now officially on fire with 3 pts in his last 3 games.

MacMillan didn't do too much but his line did score 1 goal on a nice tap in by Caggiula (undrafted FA), was disappointed that Troy Stecher (undrafted FA) didn't play as I wanted to get a look at him after hearing good things about his improved play this year.

no more college hockey for a little while as they go on break, next game isn't until the 29th when Notre Dame plays in the Florida College Classic tournament vs Colin Sullivan's team Miami. Hopefully he is back with the team by then.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I watched some of the Saturday night game, didn't see the MacMillan hit from Friday but it couldn't have been too bad since he didn't get suspended. North Dakota took it to DU but I thought Didier had a good game overall. After starting the season with just 1 pt in 12 games he's now officially on fire with 3 pts in his last 3 games.

MacMillan didn't do too much but his line did score 1 goal on a nice tap in by Caggiula (undrafted FA), was disappointed that Troy Stecher (undrafted FA) didn't play as I wanted to get a look at him after hearing good things about his improved play this year.

no more college hockey for a little while as they go on break, next game isn't until the 29th when Notre Dame plays in the Florida College Classic tournament vs Colin Sullivan's team Miami. Hopefully he is back with the team by then.

What's happening to Sullivan?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad