Prospect Name Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJHF13

All right, how about we play a little game with prospects and their names?

Basic rules are as follows:

Pick a prospect that follows in the Alphabetical order(last name). Put their first name in parenthesis. Then, put their draft class after(if they were drafted).

It can be any prospect that you like but, try to make it one that we haven't heard of a trillion times.

I'll start it, just follow my lead. It's something to pass the time and help us learn a bit about some of the up and comming players in the NHL/AHL(hopefully). You take the last letter of the player's last name for the next player. For instance, I'm using Axelsson so, the next players last name must start with an N; Nederost for instance. Players don't need to be drafted already, just prospects...

All right:

Axelsson(Anton)

Drafted 192nd overall by the Detroit Red Wings in last years draft.

Strengths are skating and hockey sense. Overall, he has a good shot but lacks some in the accuracy department. The word on him(From HF's main site) is that he might become at best, a third line left wing.

I don't know much at all(if you couldn't tell) about prospects...I'm hoping that this will help me out some but, in a broad way.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Naslund (Fredrik) - Drafted 104th overall in 2004 by the Dallas Stars

He's a big offensive forward with good offensive skills, he is huge and he has great top speed even if he's not what we'd call a good skater, he has good goal scoring skills and he use his strenght well at his advantage.

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
1st reply missed the alphabetize part so....

Byfuglien (Dustin)

Drafted 8th round by Chicago in 2003. Has the hardest shot in the dub, 2nd in dmen scoring, hits like a truck. His only knock is his 250lb weight, but he is great on skates and endurace for his (or any) size. HF has him extremely underrated, but I think he has top 4 potential. He just won WHL player of the month award.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Shouldn't Byfuglien have been a "D" player? (Naslund) In any case, I'll continue with another "N":

Frans Nielsen, C

Drafted by NY Islanders 87th overall in 2002 NHL Entry Draft.

Extremely skilled and shifty; could be the greatest hockey talent to come out of Denmark. Has honed his skills in Sweden since 2001-02. May be too smallish in stature (5-11, 172) to excel in North America.

CJHF13

Actually, that was my fault. At first, I was going to do it in alphabetical order then, I changed my mind. I forgot to delete that. Sorry...

Use the last letter, it will mix it up better I guess.

Nielsen so, the next prospect will also start with an "N".

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Novak (Filip) 6-1, 205 lb Defense man, Shoots Left drafted 64th overall by Florida in 2000

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Kozak, Rick Acquired: 2003 NHL Entry Draft (3rd Round, #95 overall) NY Rangers
6'2 212lb

He's a big RW playing for the Prince Albert Raiders. Is a very good grinding winger that is showing a scoring touch in Prince Albert. Labelled a loose cannon after he fought a trainer in Everett is starting to become a solid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad