Prospect model

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I have been working on a model to identify under-valued D prospects for a few years. The past three drafts it seems to have done quite well.

I want to both improve the D model and find a way to modify it to identify under-valued forwards. Basically using easy-to-find information like points, +/-, PIM, then tweaking each a number of ways to compare multiple prospects.

Does anyone know of any good sites to find non-traditional stats for prospects? The league sites and EliteProspects only have so much, and much of the data on the CHL site isn't easy to compare to other prospects.

Thanks

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
If you're looking for a one stop shop pick224 has a lot of extra stats on most leagues. The only issue is that the data doesn't go back as far as I'd like for modeling purposes.

Overall, I've found that the easiest way is to scrape the data yourself. Almost every league has their games posted online. If that's something you'd want to look at I'd recommend starting with the CHL/USHL as they have their games back to 2003 in a json format.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad