Denmark: Prospect Jeppe Vinther (2015 draft)

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Jeppe Vinther is probably one of the brightest Danish D prospects at the moment. Although he is still young, and it's far from sure that he will turn out, I still thought we should have a thread about him.

He turned 16 just over a month ago. And this season he has already made himself a part of the U18 national team and a part of Frederikshavn AL-Bank ligaen team, where he has so far played 9 games, with 9 points though.

The nearest comparable as far as merit goes is probably Philip Larsen, who at the same age didn't make Esbjergs AL-Bank ligaen team. Although he played Allsvenskan the year afterwards.

Since I am in Canada this year, I haven't had a chance to watch AL-Bank ligaen, so if someone who has watched him play could give a few insights, it would be greatly appreciated.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
Got the chance to watch him play when the White Hawks visited Sønderjyske. Both teams played very sound defensively, White Hawks limiting Sønderjyske to only 20 shots, of which 1 found the net for the only goal of the game. I didn't focus that much on Jeppe Vinther, since seeing an NHL'er in action in the AL-Bank-Liga was occupying me a bit more, but from what I recall seeing of Vinther, he did well, no big mistakes. Wasn't on the ice when Sønderjyske scored on the Power Play.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Jeppe Vinther is probably one of the brightest Danish D prospects at the moment. Although he is still young, and it's far from sure that he will turn out, I still thought we should have a thread about him.

I have been impressed with his development the last couple of years, and he is clearly establishing himself as one of the interesting 1996 born players. When that is said, I must add that I still think Matias Lassen, Rødovre is the most talented defender from that birth year.
I would rather put the label â€new Philip Larsen†on another D-prospect; Morten Jensen, Esbjerg. He is even from the same town as Philip Larsen, and has for a long time been standing out as a very special talent.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Haven't seen Vinther - but I have seen Mathias Lassen a couple of times. He's good. Still trying to minimize the number of mistakes, he has shown some upside in terms of skating and hockey sense. Nice we finally have some d-men coming up to get exited about :)

To put perspective on the whole Philip Larsen-thing... Wasn't the league at a higher level back when he was in Esbjerg? My gut feeling is that young guys have a shorter path to the AL-Bank-ligaen today.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

He turned 16 just over a month ago. And this season he has already made himself a part of the U18 national team and a part of Frederikshavn AL-Bank ligaen team, where he has so far played 9 games, with 9 points though.

The nearest comparable as far as merit goes is probably Philip Larsen, who at the same age didn't make Esbjergs AL-Bank ligaen team. Although he played Allsvenskan the year afterwards.

Since I am in Canada this year, I haven't had a chance to watch AL-Bank ligaen, so if someone who has watched him play could give a few insights, it would be greatly appreciated.

I know this kid is not a D-man, but his numbers are very impressive for his age:

Rasmus T. Andersson

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Good for his development that he goes to Sweden, but it's not one of the usual Swedish clubs for Danish prospects.

That was my first thought too :D

He will never se daylight again.

Why's that?

Good enough for J20?

Well, he is one of our biggest D talent's and he has played in the Danish pro mens league, but he is young, and wont be draft eligable untill 2015.

Im thinking J18 too start off with.

But Luleå had this too say:

Stefan ”Skuggan” Nilsson der er junioransvarlig i LuleÃ¥, siger følgende til Hockeymagasinet.com

“En skridskoskicklig back som dessutom har en väldigt bra speluppfattning. Vi är mycket nöjda över rekryteringen av Jeppe”

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Good for him. Hopefully it will be a successful stay, Denmark needs great defenders.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Stefan ”Skuggan” Nilsson der er junioransvarlig i LuleÃ¥, siger følgende til Hockeymagasinet.com

“En skridskoskicklig back som dessutom har en väldigt bra speluppfattning. Vi är mycket nöjda över rekryteringen av Jeppe”

So it really sounds like he is a "Philip Larsen type" of player. Great that we started to both produce skilled defenders, and also some more heavyweights like the Lauridsen brothers.

Last edited:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
already back in Denmark :laugh: jokes aside, it didnt work outside the rink

A shame for both sides. But it's not always easy to move away from home at such a young age, and not everyone can deal with it. Hopefully he'll rebound back in Denmark.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Ay least he pulled out in time, when seeing it wasn't working for him; because had he stayed and then had to go through a long dark winter, then it could have been depressingly tough for him.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Apparently Jeppe Vinther hit an obstacle in Luleå - not on the ice but on the school-bench. Especially sociology and Swedish history. Apparently is made him lose his passion for hockey, so he has returned to Denmark to find his passion again.

Det fungerede bare slet ikke med skolen. Linjen, jeg var pÃ¥, havde meget omkring især samfundsfag og svensk historie, og der kom jeg virkelig til kort – desværre

Source: http://www.hockeymagasinet.dk/index.php/skolen-knaekkede-jeppe-vinther/

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Do we have any news on Jeppe? I mean after he came back to Denmark, what's the deal with him now? I have to be honest, I have not really followed the Danish league much this year. SO id like a 4-1-0 on him.

Will he try his luck again next season, to maybe improve his draft stock for 2015?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad