#17-Petteri Lindbohm (48%)
#18-Evan Fitzpatrick (41%)
#19-Tanner Kaspick (76%)
#20-Austin Poganski (38%)
#21-Jordan Binnington (52%)

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
And now we reach a point where I am almost literally pulling names out of a hat. I know who they are, but am not excited about a single one left. Between NKC and Noel, I guess...or whoever, I don't know.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I had Opilka at 20 but then the news of his 2nd hip surgery came out. I still like his general mechanics though. He's got a long way to go but I like him the best out of who's left so I'm going with Opilka.

After that, MacEachern and Tansey.

After that, a mash up of everyone else. Except I can't say much about Noel and Bourque. And virtually nothing about Andersson as he was injured and couldn't even participate in Prospects Camp back in June. And then Tschantz is last. I know absolutely nothing about Andersson other than his stats but I'm going to assume has has to be better than Tschantz.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And now we reach a point where I am almost literally pulling names out of a hat. I know who they are, but am not excited about a single one left. Between NKC and Noel, I guess...or whoever, I don't know.
If anyone was excited about anyone on this poll they wouldn't be getting selected 22nd.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
Wow, someone else picked Noel? I thought I'd be alone on that one. From what I've seen and heard about him, I think he may surprise later down the road like Edmundson. Not necessarily the same type of player, but similar trajectory.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I voted for Krag, but I'm mildly surprised that Bleacks hasn't gotten any love yet. But Mack Mack has gotten two votes, I think they're both pretty similar in terms of potential. Idk, it's all splitting hairs at this point.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If anyone was excited about anyone on this poll they wouldn't be getting selected 22nd.

Fair point. Excited was a poor choice of words. Intrigued by, maybe. I am not excited by Binnington, but I am curious to see if he bounces back. I am curious to see what Kaspick does in a more prominent role. I will probably check in on those guy's progress throughout the season. I won't really follow anyone left unless I start to hear buzz, just not all that interested. Maybe NKC because I've seen some slick highlights. Maybe Noel, because he's new and I haven't seen much of him. But mostly, meh.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
I went with Opilka, despite the injury. Gave Noel some thought too. Also gave Bourque consideration. We're hanging on to thin branches at this point. I wouldn't say Bourque stood out in my viewing at camp, but he did skate well and I noticed he tended to track down dump ins and transition them out, making it look easier than it was.

OTOH, he needs to score a goal sometime. Maybe there's a shot he turns into a nice defensive defender though.

I think I am looking at it as Opilka, Bourque, Noel.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
I went with Opilka, despite the injury. Gave Noel some thought too. Also gave Bourque consideration. We're hanging on to thin branches at this point. I wouldn't say Bourque stood out in my viewing at camp, but he did skate well and I noticed he tended to track down dump ins and transition them out, making it look easier than it was.

OTOH, he needs to score a goal sometime. Maybe there's a shot he turns into a nice defensive defender though.

I think I am looking at it as Opilka, Bourque, Noel.

Yep, the best we can hope for with Bourque is like a low-end Edmundson I think. Edmundson can at least catch fire every now and then. Not often, but every now and then. For Bourque, who hasn't scored a goal since he was 15, he's not all of a sudden going to turn on the burners next year.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Yep, the best we can hope for with Bourque is like a low-end Edmundson I think. Edmundson can at least catch fire every now and then. Not often, but every now and then. For Bourque, who hasn't scored a goal since he was 15, he's not all of a sudden going to turn on the burners next year.

Yeah, the offense isn't going to suddenly appear. I can see a reasonable case for a solid 3rd pairing, penalty killing defenseman though. His size and skating are good fits for what the game demands from that role these days.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Yeah, the offense isn't going to suddenly appear. I can see a reasonable case for a solid 3rd pairing, penalty killing defenseman though. His size and skating are good fits for what the game demands from that role these days.

Right, yeah at best he can be a Chris Tanev-type, I guess. If it's me, that's not the guy I'm drafting for necessarily, but... it can't hurt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Not anyone left that I think will have any kind of NHL career. But I voted for Krag-Christensen because he has offensive skills, and The Danish players often develop late, and because Denmark is one of my home countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad