News Article: Prospect Game Watch - Patrik Bartosak

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
The reigning CHL Goaltender Of The Year is having another strong season to start off. I watched him play last weekend and he looked great.

This seems to be a key season for Jones. If he is consistent, he will likely be Quick's backup. However, another inconsistent season may have the organization look at their most recent goaltending draftee.

Prospect Game Watch - Patrik Bartosak

It seems to be inevitable he will be challenging for the starter role in Manchester next year. My article discusses what we can expect.

Last edited:

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
I have to wonder, how much of a motivation is it for Jones to serve as a backup to Quick. I would think like most goaltender, Jones would eventually like to be a starter. Unfortunately, as long as Quick is here and healthy, that just isn't going to happen.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I have to wonder, how much of a motivation is it for Jones to serve as a backup to Quick. I would think like most goaltender, Jones would eventually like to be a starter. Unfortunately, as long as Quick is here and healthy, that just isn't going to happen.

Well, to begin with there's no guarantee Quick is healthy forever. Also remember there are 29 other teams who may be interested in trading for Jones. Always have to put your best foot forward.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Shouldn't his motivation be to play in the NHL? I mean, that's what you say about kids coming to the NHl rather than staying in Russia (not to mention the money possibilities) so why would Jones rather be in the AHL than the NHL, regardless of if he's a starter in the AHL or a backup in the NHL.

The kid should be motivated to play in the NHL period and the only opportunity for that is through the Kings or through a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad