Prospect Draft Game

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I think the Texier pick should be allowed just because it's been like 3 rounds since the pick was made and the rule wasn't clear. The other 2 ineligible picks should be redone

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Kent, any chance you can start picking prospects or like NHL affiliated guys who are coming over or rights owned or like not busts like Lehtonen (even Schipachyov i was ok with because he’s not totally obscure), I get what you’re doing and it’s smart but people are annoyed

lol what

Who’s annoyed

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I think the Texier pick should be allowed just because it's been like 3 rounds since the pick was made and the rule wasn't clear. The other 2 ineligible picks should be redone
Yeah I think so too, I totally missed Tex so I can bite the bullet on that. I didn't realize he was anywhere near too many games. If @Scholarships sees fit, he can change to fit the rules, if he feels like it's been too long then I can accept that because I was too busy to monitor it.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Yeah I think so too, I totally missed Tex so I can bite the bullet on that. I didn't realize he was anywhere near too many games.

I mean it’s mostly up to the drafters to keep track of the games played. Texier isn’t really close to 41 games total, he’s well over.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I mean it’s mostly up to the drafters to keep track of the games played. Texier isn’t really close to 41 games total, he’s well over.
@Scholarships is pretty good for playing by the rules, I'm sure he'll change and if not, well, I messed up yet again

Reactions: LT

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
From now on its on you to monitor your picks, if I take a pick away at the end of the draft because I just realized the guy was ineligible well thats your problem. Effective immediately.

Reactions: LT and OB5

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
It's pretty obvious, but play how you want, the rules are on me

Youre putting me in awkward situation sir

Ill explain the situation from my pov: Im out there building this super cool KHL team and then the games boss comes out and asks me to change my play in the middle of the game and start adding random prospects to my thing. Oh and boss is annoyed. How interesting do you think this sounds to me ?

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Youre putting me in awkward situation sir

Ill explain the situation from my pov: Im out there building this super cool KHL team and then the games boss comes out and asks me to change my play in the middle of the game and start adding random prospects to my thing. Oh and boss is annoyed. How interesting do you think this sounds to me ?

btw cya
Nah I'm not annoyed dw, I had some KHL guys on my radar too, I just took em off. You can build your way if you want, I'm just politely asking because I'm scared for voting.

?

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
If I was being completely unbiased...

Montreal and Calgary are top 2 best teams right now

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The problem is with the rules.

If you want a true prospect draft, it needs to be building for the future and there needs to be an age limit.

I really think we could've just done any player eligible for the Calder Trophy, which is super easy and already established.

It's too late now and we should've caught it before, but these rules are not conducive at all to a productive prospect draft.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
The problem is with the rules.

If you want a true prospect draft, it needs to be building for the future and there needs to be an age limit.

I really think we could've just done any player eligible for the Calder Trophy, which is super easy and already established.

It's too late now and we should've caught it before, but these rules are not conducive at all to a productive prospect draft.
<41 games is Calder eligible

that’s why I picked rhat

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
<41 games is Calder eligible

that’s why I picked rhat

Eligibility: To be eligible for the Calder Memorial Trophy, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. Beginning in 1990-91, a player must not have attained his 26th birthday by Sept.

This is what I meant. The GP isn't the problem, but the Calder also factors in age.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Calder Memorial Trophy, a player cannot have played more than 25 games in any single preceding season nor in six or more games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league. Beginning in 1990-91, a player must not have attained his 26th birthday by Sept.

This is what I meant. The GP isn't the problem, but the Calder also factors in age.
Ah oops

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I actually didn’t know that until Vegas signed Shipachyov and he wasn’t eligible.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Anyways, this is a fun team:

:vegas
xxx - Quinton Byfield - Cole Caufield
Nick Robertson - Gabe Vilardi - Vitali Kravtsov
xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - xxx - xxx

Alexander Romanov - Ty Smith

Rasmus Sandin - xxx
xxx - xxx

xxx