Prospect Draft Game

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
I remember reading he could pretty much be a legit NHLer at this point, Im not gonna pretend I watch anything besides NHL and WJC games tho

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I remember reading he could pretty much be a legit NHLer at this point, Im not gonna pretend I watch anything besides NHL and WJC games tho
Yeah technically he's still a prospect too, I just think a guy like that who struggled to crack the NHL and recently wouldn't have been my go to, whereas someone penciled in for top 9 minutes would be. I'l be going the Jensen route later likely.

Schipachyov and Lehtonen were both on my docket tho

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
I mean Shipachyov in the NHL was a failure too but if Im allowed him in a tourney against teenagers Ill take it :popcorn:

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
I feel like I got pretty good value on Frost and Sorokin. Especially Sorokin after Shestyorkin went 2nd overall

Reactions: hockeynorth

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I feel like I got pretty good value on Frost and Sorokin. Especially Sorokin after Shestyorkin went 2nd overall

I like your group the most so far but defense will be tough. If that works out I think you’ll have the best shot.

Reactions: hi

OB5

May 2, 2015
Sorry bro

And sorry guys been a busy day with school and what not, I'll get everything updated asap...

quick look at the teams tho and I think this one has to be the best:

Robertson-Byfield-x
Caulfield-Vilardi-x

Romanov-x
Caufield is a right winger

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I go by top prospects and I honestly don't consider a 25 or 26 year old that can't crack a top 9 to be a better option in this game than a 19 pr 20 y/o that is expected to make an impact as soon as this year.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I go by top prospects and I honestly don't consider a 25 or 26 year old that can't crack a top 9 to be a better option in this game than a 19 pr 20 y/o that is expected to make an impact as soon as this year.

Yea, no offense to Kent but I’ve basically ruled his team out already.

I respect thinking outside of the box but with only 8 teams it’s kind of pointless.

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016

You realize that canadian WJC teams struggle against CIS hockey and that there’s a massive difference of caliber between teenagers and grown men (not to mention KHL stars) ?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
You realize that canadian WJC teams struggle against CIS hockey and that there’s a massive difference of caliber between teenagers and grown men (not to mention KHL stars) ?
So? This is a prospects game and I don't think highly of 25 year old AHL calibre players. Some are really late bloomers, but by the time I would value them more than younger players with higher ceilings, they would no longer be prospects.

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
Yea, no offense to Kent but I’ve basically ruled his team out already.

I respect thinking outside of the box but with only 8 teams it’s kind of pointless.

The settings is a tournament that would be held today. Do you realize how much of a bloodbath my team of KHL + AHL stars would make of junior teams ? Anyway I think Ive made my point across, if I dont win this game all good.

Kent Nilsson

Jan 31, 2016
So? This is a prospects game and I don't think highly of 25 year old AHL calibre players. Some are really late bloomers, but by the time I would value them more than younger players with higher ceilings, they would no longer be prospects.

Idk, I guess everyone is entitled to their own rules ?

Voting:
  • Tournament style, bracket released post-draft, aiming for the best team right now.
Remember, you're building the best team right now, think of it like a WJC tournament, that includes any prospects without 41 NHL games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->