Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion: Even Our Germans We Export To Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Looks like Bergreen is out of play offs . Hope he joined national team and play on same line with Eklund

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Reactions: wingerdinger

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Article about Jesper Eliasson and his season starting with Färjestad and ending up in Salzburg. At the end it says that the current plan is for him to split time in Färjestad with Henrik Haukeland. Their other goalie from this past season Arvid Holm is signed by Winnipeg and expected to leave for North America, so hopefully he sticks there and doesn't come back.

”Jag tänkte bara: ’Hur fan ska det här gå?’” - Hockeysverige – Mer av sporten du älskar
A real make or brake season up coming.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Viro sets up TPS's 1-0 goal. Looks like they will take a 2-1 lead in the best of 3 series.

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Article about Jesper Eliasson and his season starting with Färjestad and ending up in Salzburg. At the end it says that the current plan is for him to split time in Färjestad with Henrik Haukeland. Their other goalie from this past season Arvid Holm is signed by Winnipeg and expected to leave for North America, so hopefully he sticks there and doesn't come back.

”Jag tänkte bara: ’Hur fan ska det här gå?’” - Hockeysverige – Mer av sporten du älskar

Uh, I want him to be a starter goalie, he needs a predominant role to develop.

Slim

Nov 2, 2014
Up north
Is Berggren a lock for the World Championship? Or is he going to Grand Rapids?

Yes he is. I would expect Sweden to put him on a pure Skellefteå line. In this year, with all the crap that is going on there will be fewer NHL players, more logistic challenges and less time for practise and team building, smartest would be to use the chemistry they already have from their club.

jaster

Unregistered User
Jun 8, 2007
Holy shit is he fast. I knew the guy had good lateral mobility but...wow.

So, if Seider is the German Andreas Lilja, does that make Viro the Finnish Bert Lebda? :sarcasm:

You watching the wrong guy ? Different video? Viro didn't take a single stride in-frame, just coasted from the blueline in lol. He was Johnny-on-the-spot, which is great, but my 3yo could have scored that goal :naughty:

Dude is a good skater though, I'll give him that. If he's Bertrand Lebda, that's a steal. He looks kinda Stecher-esque, but probably with a bit higher IQ.

He's in a good size group of defense prospects in the Detroit pool who look pretty good, don't appear to have very great upside, and even though most of them will inevitably flame out, a couple will probably exceed expectations and be a player. He's as good a candidate as any of them.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
You watching the wrong guy ? Different video? Viro didn't take a single stride in-frame, just coasted from the blueline in lol. He was Johnny-on-the-spot, which is great, but my 3yo could have scored that goal :naughty:

Dude is a good skater though, I'll give him that. If he's Bertrand Lebda, that's a steal. He looks kinda Stecher-esque, but probably with a bit higher IQ.

He's in a good size group of defense prospects in the Detroit pool who look pretty good, don't appear to have very great upside, and even though most of them will inevitably flame out, a couple will probably exceed expectations and be a player. He's as good a candidate as any of them.

At the start of the sequence he was up in his side of the neutral zone, camera pans to the forward who took the initial shot. The Viro snuck in for the rebound. But for that sequence to happen Viro would have had to been skating pretty damn fast to begin with.

jaster

Unregistered User
Jun 8, 2007
At the start of the sequence he was up in his side of the neutral zone, camera pans to the forward who took the initial shot. The Viro snuck in for the rebound. But for that sequence to happen Viro would have had to been skating pretty damn fast to begin with.

Puck carrier spent a lot of time going way to the outside and into the corner. Hard to tell just how fast Viro had to move without seeing him. But he's a swift skater, as we saw in the WJC. Not ++ in terms of speed, but pretty quick with a good first 3 steps and above average edges.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Alex Cotton ended his WHL season with 26 points in 24 games, 2nd in team points. I guess he will be in GR next season but maybe a try out right away? Only 10 days of the AHL season left though and I assume no playoffs so may not make sense if there are quarantines etc.

Reactions: Christien

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Alex Cotton ended his WHL season with 26 points in 24 games, 2nd in team points. I guess he will be in GR next season but maybe a try out right away? Only 10 days of the AHL season left though and I assume no playoffs so may not make sense if there are quarantines etc.

Is he a candidate to be signed?

Only seen his highlights this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->