Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion: Even Our Germans We Export To Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Yeah I´m getting a Seider jersey next season

I think the most underrated of Seider's many intangibles is that fact that we'll finally get some interviews that go beyond, "Eh, ya know, we've gotta go out an execute our game and, eh, drive pucks deep."

I remember around the time of the combine, when Seider was climbing from late first to mid first projections, a lot of folks in the media were raving about how fun and charismatic he came across. I was like "Man, seems like a really fun player- it's a shame we probably won't be in a position to draft him." And here we are lol.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I think the most underrated of Seider's many intangibles is that fact that we'll finally get some interviews that go beyond, "Eh, ya know, we've gotta go out an execute our game and, eh, drive pucks deep."

I remember around the time of the combine, when Seider was climbing from late first to mid first projections, a lot of folks in the media were raving about how fun and charismatic he came across. I was like "Man, seems like a really fun player- it's a shame we probably won't be in a position to draft him." And here we are lol.

Ehh... I wouldn't be surprised he learns to be more tactful with his interviews. In a way, he should be. I feel like athletes should be boring to the media because those talking heads are mostly looking for click bait. Reserve the candid interviews for those who deserve it like if he's super friends with a podcast host.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Ehh... I wouldn't be surprised he learns to be more tactful with his interviews. In a way, he should be. I feel like athletes should be boring to the media because those talking heads are mostly looking for click bait. Reserve the candid interviews for those who deserve it like if he's super friends with a podcast host.

True, I generally agree with this. Although I think there's room to be professional with the media while still showing some charisma. I think Subban in particular does that very well.

Reactions: Winger98

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009

Hmm, I wonder where they found that story... HFBoards Prospects threads - the official source of most info shared by @DRWProspects since 2012.

Ilves is announcing a new signing in ~5 minutes, maybe Grewe?

EDIT: Yes, 1 year contract with another option. Wings have his rights for 2 more years so makes sense.

Last edited:

Jagemon

Sep 27, 2005
I wonder what Ilves could offer Grewe that Grand Rapids can't. Shorter schedule/better travel? Or just not up dealing with the AHL's covid protocol? And where would he slot into Ilves' depth chart?

More responsibility, possibly better environment to develop. AHL is better league talent wise than the Finnish league but in a position where you want the responsibility to develop your game a lesser competition is the better place to grow (to a degree).

If you look at the jumps made from Finnish League to NHL the number is actually growing. AHL can be seen as only the step to get accustomed to the smaller rink, not much else.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
They obviously gave Grewe a good look in GR and felt he wasn't ready for the speed of the game in the smaller rinks. If I recall, the rinks in Finland are smaller than Sweden but bigger than North America, so it is a balance for him to deal with the time and space without making such a big jump. Just my opinion, though.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
They obviously gave Grewe a good look in GR and felt he wasn't ready for the speed of the game in the smaller rinks. If I recall, the rinks in Finland are smaller than Sweden but bigger than North America, so it is a balance for him to deal with the time and space without making such a big jump. Just my opinion, though.
Did he really has speed problem, or it something else on

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019

Don't know if it's the speed of the game, as much as it is playing in a league where he can get more ice-time. (Personally I would say that SHL speed is faster than Liiga speed, even if some teams play on smaller ice-surface).
Grewe is currently not good enough to play top6 minutes in the SHL nor in the AHL. I'm guessing their/his hope is that he is good enough to play top 6 minutes in Liiga. Allsvenskan would also be an alternative I guess, don't know why they/he choose Liiga over Allsvenskan.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Don't know if it's the speed of the game, as much as it is playing in a league where he can get more ice-time. (Personally I would say that SHL speed is faster than Liiga speed, even if some teams play on smaller ice-surface).
Grewe is currently not good enough to play top6 minutes in the SHL nor in the AHL. I'm guessing their/his hope is that he is good enough to play top 6 minutes in Liiga. Allsvenskan would also be an alternative I guess, don't know why they/he choose Liiga over Allsvenskan.

Think the right level for him is in between. Not SHL (too hard) or not Allsvenskan (too easy).

Finland is in the middle of those levels.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

Maybe it's a money issue? Salaries in the SM Liiga aren't terrible. Does it pay more than Allsvenskan?

Slapper

Oct 26, 2015
In recent years Ilves has signed lots of prospects that have since signed their ELC and left for AHL/NHL. So it could be their development system that has shown results that also weights in this decision.

Here are some examples from last two years: Lukas Dostal, Roby Järventie, Matias Maccelli, Santeri Hatakka, Arttu Ruotsalainen, Eetu Mäkiniemi.

Reactions: bedtime20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad