Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion: Even Our Germans We Export To Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but recently there was a nice article on The Athletic about scouts revisiting their opinions on Moritz Seider pre-draft, now with a bit of hindsight.
The full article can be found here (behind a paywall):
'Moritz Seider handed me a loss': How the Red Wings' prospect won over the public scouting world

I think there are some interesting opinions in there as well as some nice crow-eating. But I liked this snippet from Sam Cosentino especiall, because I had not heard that story before:

Sam Cosentino said:
My very first (time) meeting (Seider), I was with Louie DeBrusk, and we were at the NHL combine. And so we saw Mo, and it took a minute to kind of figure out who he was, and then just kind of in the bowels — and this was an informal thing. Like, we’d been interviewing all the players. But before our interview, we just kind of ran into him. And so we started talking (about his Mannheim teammate Denis Reul and how strong he is). And then Louie DeBrusk, you know he’s a big dude … and (Seider) looks at Louie and he goes, not like you, like (Reul works out) really hard. So I don’t know if he was like ball-busting, or if it was just a funny thing that he was kind of ripping on Louie a little bit. But either way, the three of us just started pissing ourselves laughing.

Besides Cosentino there are accounts by Corey Pronman, Scott Wheeler, Chris Peters, Craig Button and three unnamed NHL Scouts.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Wonderful imaginary video! :yo:

First Seider... then Berggren doing the zone entry... back to Seider... pass to Raymond who shoots... Söderblom in front of the net whacking the puck... back to Berggren... to Seider.... to Berggren who will crosspass it... to Seider who shoots.... Raymond takes the lose puck will pass it to point... to Johansson who skates nearer the slot and shoots... lose puck again to Berggren who will pass is to Seider and he SCORES!

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
watching the quinnipiac vs st. lawrence ecac championship game currently tied 2-2 going to ot. petruzzelli's looked good but his weakness has shown up, both of the goals he's given up are after bad rebounds, it's something he really needs to work on if he's gonna make it to the nhl.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Prospects headed to the NCAA Tourney

Petruzzelli (vs. Minnesota State)
Mastrosimone (vs. St. Cloud State)
Stange (vs. Bemidji State)
Moore (vs. AIC)

Tuomisto and Denver missed out

rawraw

Jan 19, 2019
Really like what I'm seeing from Tyutyayev so far. Hopefully he will play in a better league next season so we can get a better read on him.

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My bet is he joins the Minsk KHL team. Same city, better league.

Hope for that. Tougher competition to play against, and that Division where Minsk plays has also NHL-sized rinks. Their home rink is 60 x 28m hybrid.

KHL is moving heavily on that direction. Guys won't need any adjustment periods to North-American rink, if they play already on it on their home country.

Kaprizov entered NHL from the 60 x 28 rink and he has looked pretty good straight on.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Hope for that. Tougher competition to play against, and that Division where Minsk plays has also NHL-sized rinks. Their home rink is 60 x 28m hybrid.

KHL is moving heavily on that direction. Guys won't need any adjustment periods to North-American rink, if they play already on it on their home country.

Kaprizov entered NHL from the 60 x 28 rink and he has looked pretty good straight on.
I am not 100% sure on how KHL rights go, but as far as I know Avtomobilist will still own his rights so there may have to be a trade in order for him to play for another team. Minsk would probably be a better fit because they seem to be much more open to playing young guys, however mostly only Belarusians. Avtomobilist on the other hand don't play young guys much if at all.

Interesting comparison for Tyutyayev by the way... His teammate Yevgeni Oksentyuk (6 months younger) led Flint in scoring last year on Ty Dellandre's wing. This season he has 7 points in 37 games, while Tyutyayev has 4o points in 49 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad