Prospect Info: Prospect Discussion 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Why? HPK's defenders are trash, was there no room for him?
Sounds like the injury was worse than expected. According to HPK, it will require further care and the Wings want him to return to Detroit.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
We'll see if he is able to play 82 NHL games without the back snapping again.

So far he has played 10 games. Regular NHL life with 100-game seasons aren't easy with concern like that. His seasons have been 48 games - 4 games - 42 -games after the draft. Not even 100 games combined in 3 years.

It was serious risk to draft him.

BTW, I'd like to see a playoff series, where A) Rasmussen shuts him down. B)Seider knocks him out from the game for an injury. :cool:

Maybe at the SC Finals some day.

Seider would be matched against Byfield which will be much harder to contain in that dream scenario.

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
Niederbach going to take one faceoff and then immediately go back to the bench again? Hehe.

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
And it's ok if he is going to play big minutes tomorrow with u20

I forgot about that aspect. If someone from Grand Rapids were to play in Detroit and vice versa, that's about a 2.5 hour drive. For Niederbach, I'm guessing it's the same arena? As in, no difference in travel between playing his SHL game and then his U20 game?

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Seider with the assist for his team to take the lead.
Maybe I'm man-crushing on him too hard, but he made a play at the beginning of the PP that I loved. Pressured with the puck on his stick at the point, he passed it down low to the open man in the corner, which really freed up time for them to get it set up. I think 9/10 times that puck is going to the guy on the half wall, and they continue to be pressured and don't ever get the PP set up

Last edited:
Reactions: RayMoonDoh

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Maybe I'm man-crushing on him too hard, but he made a play at the beginning of the PP that I loved. Pressured with the puck on his stick at the point, he passed it down low to the open man in the corner, which really freed up time for them to get it set up. I thing 9/10 times that puck is going to the guy on the half wall, and they continue to be pressured and don't ever get the PP set up

I think it's totally fine to man crush on Seider's play. The kid is making very intelligent plays that work well at any level of hockey, and he's doing them really well. Very mature, intelligent play paired with his athleticism is going to make him a very special defenseman for this team.

EDIT: I finally got the clip to load and one of the things I've been a huge fan of in Seider's game is how well he's able to consistently read where the opponent is going to dump the puck and how well he's able to stop it before it crosses the blue line. That's a Nick Lidstrom, Chris Pronger, Al MacInnis level skill. He's almost always in the right spot on the blueline to keep the puck alive without making the dangerous pinch.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
been slightly disappointed with raymond this far
He's so young. Still there's a lot of good in his game already, just not quite there when it comes to being able to let his skill shine through on a consistent basis. Plays it simple and that's the right thing on a good team that has a strong defensive focus.

Every now and then he does things like this, which is what we want every shift from him. In time it will come I hope.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->