Prospect Cuts

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Boston Prospect Releases

Boston regrettfully releases this stellar crop of prospects.

- Jamie Silverson ( release )
- Brandon Peet ( release )
- Philippe Wetzel ( release )
- Greg SChultz ( release )
- Joey Martin ( release )
- Scott Polaski ( release )
- Jake Riddle ( release )

cheers,

GM Kruegs

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Gang

Have updated the file with the additions of a couple of teams. Some interesting buy out action (Nedved!!!) included.

Matthew

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Gang

Have updated the file with the additions of a couple of teams. Some interesting buy out action (Nedved!!!) included.

Matthew

Surprise! - I am buying out Petr the great. I combed the net for anything that indicated for certain that he would retire or move to Europe next year - and besides a few speculatory comments here and there, I couldn't risk keeping that 4.5M on the cap for next year, and since none of you would pick him up - even for a 7th rounder! - well, whats a GM supposed to do! You can have him for the price of a toothbrush now, but if you know for certain that he is retiring or playing in Europe, can I have my 4.5M back?;-).

Hurray for everything.

GM Kruegs

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I love this: you couldn't take the risk that Nedved would play. Says lots about the player's value dones't it? :biglaugh:

Of course, I spent almost as much to buy out a player (Aucoin) who will definitely play - and not only that, but will probably get top-4 time in a defensive system in Calgary. More fool me, I guess. :shakehead

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I love this: you couldn't take the risk that Nedved would play. Says lots about the player's value dones't it? :biglaugh:

Of course, I spent almost as much to buy out a player (Aucoin) who will definitely play - and not only that, but will probably get top-4 time in a defensive system in Calgary. More fool me, I guess. :shakehead

Yeah, Aucoin might be the first guy to get bought out, only to receive more money as a free agent. Should be interesting to see what he ends up with!

As to Kruegs, I'm sure he'll be busy in free agency with that cap room - especially with Laaksonen heading to Europe for next season.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Surprise! - I am buying out Petr the great. I combed the net for anything that indicated for certain that he would retire or move to Europe next year - and besides a few speculatory comments here and there, I couldn't risk keeping that 4.5M on the cap for next year, and since none of you would pick him up - even for a 7th rounder! - well, whats a GM supposed to do! You can have him for the price of a toothbrush now, but if you know for certain that he is retiring or playing in Europe, can I have my 4.5M back?;-).

Hurray for everything.

GM Kruegs

and there he goes - off to sparta prague

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=214023&hubname=nhl

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
I think it's reasonable to refund teams who have buyout players that then sign in Europe, as long as they sign prior to the start of the regular season.

I hope that is the case Doug. I saw red as soon as I saw the headline. There wasn't any solid press in the past couple of months that commented on his intentions for next year - I scoured the net and could only find speculative comments dating back to April.

Suffice to say that had I known this was coming I would not have bought him out.

GM Kruegs

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Kinda wish we had this rule in place before buyouts were due, I would have bought out Bondra, but I was counting on him retiring.

Could still happen, Rich, in which case you'd get refunded that cash as well, I believe. Credit to Kruegs for making the decision to pay him out rather than risk him limping along.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps Nedved signed in Europe BECAUSE Kruegs bought him out?

:biglaugh: didn't think of that... Maybe Petr has been reading HFBoards for the last few weeks since he's had the free time without an NHL team. I think you hurt his feelings, Kruegs ;)

"Screw you guys I'm going home"
SCREW_YOU_GUYS_IM_GOING_HOME.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad