Prospect Comparison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Trevor Daley - Brian Rafalski/Ed Jovonavski (minus the height)..

I don't expect Trevor to be a #1 though, or even a #2, more like a great #3 who can handle top pairing duties and not look out of place, much like say Darryl Sydor or Philippe Boucher.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
agree on daley, i really like him. i actually got to see quite a few dallas games last year, and i always thought he played well. very quick all the time in his own zone, played chippy for a smaller guy, built very sturdy with that smaller height, and would mix it up on the boards..

not to mention his puck rushing abilities, a comparison to sydor is not bad imo, but add some feistiness definitely

leafaholix*

Some other guys...

Milan Michalek - Marian Gaborik
Jeff Carter - Mats Sundin
Alexander Semin - Alexander Mogilny
Ray Emery - Ed Belfour
Marek Schwarz - Dominik Hasek
Alexander Steen - Rod Brindamour
Alvaro Montoya - Marty Turco
Jeff Tambellini - Brad Richards
Eric Fehr - Dave Andreychuk
Brady Murray - Jason Blake
Dominic D'Amour - Andy Sutton
Ian White - MA Bergeron
Dmitri Vorobyev - Danny Markov
Darren Reid - Michael Ryder
Ryan Callahan - Geoff Sanderson

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
Some other guys...

Ray Emery - Ed Belfour
Ian White - MA Bergeron

That's pretty high praise for Callahan if you mean the Geoff Sanderson of old.

leafaholix*

RangerFan13 said:
That's pretty high praise for Callahan if you mean the Geoff Sanderson of old.
In terms of style, I think they're similar.

Not production.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Leafaholix said:
Some other guys...

Ray Emery - Ed Belfour
Ian White - MA Bergeron

I like the list GREAT JOB!!!!! ;)

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
andora said:
agree on daley, i really like him. i actually got to see quite a few dallas games last year, and i always thought he played well. very quick all the time in his own zone, played chippy for a smaller guy, built very sturdy with that smaller height, and would mix it up on the boards..

not to mention his puck rushing abilities, a comparison to sydor is not bad imo, but add some feistiness definitely
I saw Daley a couple times in Edm this year. Kind of reminds me of a bigger stronger version of Girard or Hawgood. Daley is stockier and feistier than both of those guys. Pretty decent skater, Showed signs of what he may do in the NHL.
Dallas looks to have a pretty good future 3-4 defenceman. Sydor and Boucher are a nice upside. Makes me wish I didnt trade him in my fantasy league. I traded him at our last draft. He netted me the picks that got me Soderberg, Fransson and Mcgrath. So thanks guys for enlightening me on guys like these.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
jcorb58 said:
I saw Daley a couple times in Edm this year. Kind of reminds me of a bigger stronger version of Girard or Hawgood. Daley is stockier and feistier than both of those guys. Pretty decent skater, Showed signs of what he may do in the NHL.

I would says he's a little better than just a pretty decent skater.

Dallas looks to have a pretty good future 3-4 defenceman. Sydor and Boucher are a nice upside. Makes me wish I didnt trade him in my fantasy league. I traded him at our last draft. He netted me the picks that got me Soderberg, Fransson and Mcgrath. So thanks guys for enlightening me on guys like these.

Yeah I see alot of Sydor from his days in Dallas in Daley. And that looks like a pretty solid trade you made for yourself....Soderberg looks good, Fransson was compared to Lidstrom by a former national team coach in Sweden(he said it, not me), and McGrath looks like he's overcoming whatever caused him to drop in the draft.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
Chaos said:
I would says he's a little better than just a pretty decent skater.

Yeah I see alot of Sydor from his days in Dallas in Daley. And that looks like a pretty solid trade you made for yourself....Soderberg looks good, Fransson was compared to Lidstrom by a former national team coach in Sweden(he said it, not me), and McGrath looks like he's overcoming whatever caused him to drop in the draft.
Im in a 14 team league and have about 70 players 18-24. The top teams in our league are Allstar teams so im going to be pretty hurting for a few years. I traded my big name players to stock up on What i hope to become future stars and other "pretty decent" players. My Dal prospects include Jokinen Fransson Hagos Lundqvist Lessard and Sawada. Any insight is greatly appreciated. I dont really have any homerish opinions about prospects because im trying to build a future dynasty for tomorrow. Im going to start a new string on the fantasy board and call it evaluate my team. All critisism good or bad is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jcorb58 said:
Im in a 14 team league and have about 70 players 18-24. The top teams in our league are Allstar teams so im going to be pretty hurting for a few years. I traded my big name players to stock up on What i hope to become future stars and other "pretty decent" players. My Dal prospects include Jokinen Fransson Hagos Lundqvist Lessard and Sawada. Any insight is greatly appreciated. I dont really have any homerish opinions about prospects because im trying to build a future dynasty for tomorrow. Im going to start a new string on the fantasy board and call it evaluate my team. All critisism good or bad is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can find some info on Jokinen on the thread "Jussi Jokinen" either here or at the Stars board. Fransson has been handled nicely by Chaos. He's said to be the most talented defenseman to come out of Sweden since Niklas Lidström, some even believe he has that kind of upside. Yared Hagos is a personal favorite of mine, he's actually the 10th best prospect in Sweden. Your prototype 3rd line center. I like to compare him with Ricci, hardnosed, hardworking, defensively comitted and a decent playmaker. Joel Lundqvist is a very talented center, even though he's coming off a rather dissapointing season. Used to be compared with Mike Peca. His skating is a pretty big con so that worries me, though he's been doing pretty decent this year. Don't know much on Lessard expect for the fact he won the Hobey Baker trophy. And Sawada is more of a potential 3rd liner if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->