Prospect Association Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle*

1 - Sidney Crosby C - Orr I know..... different positions; but the most similar comparison for Crosby, although I must say Sid has a long way to go to match Orr, as I consider him to be the best player ever. Crosby will never be able to dominate a game physically the way Orr could (i.e. skating), but he's close, and his vision, passing, and puck skills are similar, not to mention their physical stature, including the stout, squat legs.

the rest:

2 - Jack Johnson D - Brad Stuart

3 - Gilbert Brule C - Daymond Langkow

4 - Tuukka Rask G - - Pelle Lindbergh

5 - Bobby Ryan RW - Tim Kerr

6 - Alex Bourret RW - Claude Lemieux

7 - Carey Price G - Grant Fuhr

8 - Benoit Pouliot C - Jean Ratelle

9 - Jack Skille RW - Mike Knuble

10 - Anze Kopitar RW - Vik Kozlov

11 - Ryan O'Marra C - Peter McNab

12 - Marek Zagrapan C - Semin

13 - Devin Setoguchi RW - Pat Falloon

14 - Guillaume Latendresse RW - Brad May

15 - Nicklas Bergfors RW - Daniel Sedin

BTW my top 10 (let alone top 15) most certainly includes Staal. Oh; and I apologize to the younger set for the old-time players - they just seemed like the best comparisons to this old-feeling fan.

PRB

Apr 29, 2005
Toronto, Canada
www.prbsports.com
OK heres a question to the knowledgable folk out there... Who would you associate some of the top drafted players over the last few years to? Again not in how good they will be but in their playing style. Players past or present to make it interesting!!!

I dont get to see many prospects until they get established in the NHL so this is a good way to have a rough idea what to expect from these kids.

Just some top drafted guys in the past few drafts such as, Marc-Andre Fleury, Eric Staal, Nathan Horton, Zherdev, Suter, Coburn, Phaneuf, Carter, Jessiman, Getzlaf, Richards, Ovechkin, Malkin, Barker etc. etc.

turnbuckle*

The Macho Man said:
Who is Mcnab? I apologize. I am young.

And Setoguchi = Falloon... BUST?

McNab was a big center who player for Boston in the late 70s, early 80s. He was by no means a fast skater, but his smarts, strength and character combined to make a very effective player in his day.

As for Setoguchi being considered a bust if he has a similar career to Falloon, I'm not sure I agree with that. Falloon had several 20 goals seasons and finished his NHL career with much better than a half point per game and 300+ points. Certainly not numbers one would normally associate with a second overall pick, but Setoguchi is not going to be a second overall pick is he? Who were the forwards picked around the 13 mark in Pat Falloon's draft year? Tyler Wright and Pat Peake.

13th overall picks in preceding years have included Joe Hulbig, Denis Pederson, Daniel Cleary, Michael Henrich, and Jani Rita; not always a guarantee that a mid-first round pick is going to be any more productive than Falloon ended up being. We should try to keep things in perspective.

FlyersFan10*

Mike Richards = Doug Gilmour
RJ Umberger = A less physical Rick Tocchet
Ben Eager = Rich Tocchet minus the scoring, but better skating ability
Jeff Carter = Mats Sundin

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
bleedgreen said:
i like the hawerchuck comparisons to crosby - its the closest ive seen yet. how disappointed eveyone would be if he was merely a dale hawerchuk :eek:

People forget how good Hawerchuk was before injuries. Gretzky even included him in his autobiography as one of the best players he's ever played with/against. Had Hawerchuk not spent his early years playing in relative obscurity in Winnipeg against powerhouse Calgary and Edmonton squads he would be thought of a lot higher.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
hbk said:
People forget how good Hawerchuk was before injuries. Gretzky even included him in his autobiography as one of the best players he's ever played with/against. Had Hawerchuk not spent his early years playing in relative obscurity in Winnipeg against powerhouse Calgary and Edmonton squads he would be thought of a lot higher.
you missed my sarcasm - i think hawerchuk was awesome. crosby would be lucky to be that good - thats my point. if he was only that good people around here would riot.....crosby is supposedly going to change the game.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
FlyersFan10 said:
Mike Richards = Doug Gilmour
RJ Umberger = A less physical Rick Tocchet
Ben Eager = Rich Tocchet minus the scoring, but better skating ability
Jeff Carter = Mats Sundin

I think Umberger is more of a playmaker than Tocchet was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->