Prospect Info: Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
You’re right. We could keep Marner or we could trade him for a massive haul that might (if we’re lucky) get us a guy as good as Marner!
‘Peter Griffin-Boat-Mystery Box’ level thinking right there

Its not about how good. Its about what the team needs. Hockey is a TEAM GAME. Its not enough to have a great player, as we see with, say Edmonton. If you want to have a winning franchise, you need a great TEAM.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Thought he was going to BU

He was. Guess he thought Ohio State was a better option? He probably gets more playing time, but they are not as good of a team. At least he gets to play with Joshua next year.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
The more I read about this draft the more I'm drawn to the prospects later in the draft. Anyone else thinking that they trade down from 25 to get more picks?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
The more I read about this draft the more I'm drawn to the prospects later in the draft. Anyone else thinking that they trade down from 25 to get more picks?

That's what I have been thinking for months, unless someone really good dropped to them. But even then, Konecny dropped and they still moved down. They may use a good guy who drops but they do not like to bump up the price on the pick.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018

I suspect that if the right deal comes around, Dubas would deal #25. Dubas seems like a guy who will do anything that would better the team.

Draft_chart.PNG

At 25 our pick is worth ~ "19"...

If Detroit were to come around, and say "We'll give you 33 + 36 for 25..."... You bet Dubas will pull the trigger!

That puts our value of "19" to about "24 or 25"

Reactions: Liminality

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I suspect that if the right deal comes around, Dubas would deal #25. Dubas seems like a guy who will do anything that would better the team.

Draft_chart.PNG

At 25 our pick is worth ~ "19"...

If Detroit were to come around, and say "We'll give you 33 + 36 for 25..."... You bet Dubas will pull the trigger!

That puts our value of "19" to about "24 or 25"

We'd have to add 83 most likely, but even then that would still be a win. 20 or 21 to 24 or 25 is still a win.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Couple of teams have lots of picks in the first 3 rounds.

Montreal 3, 35, 38, 56, 61, 66
Detroit 6,31, 33, 36, 67, 81, 84
NYI 11, 12, 41, 43, 72
NYR 9, 26, 28, 39, 48, 70, 88

Not sure the how the value would have to add up but there's a couple to look at.

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
If bracco is the future of the Marlies why is he riding the bench when he could be getting experience he needs for next year. How can the fifth leading point getter on the team sit for so long. Know he is young but riding the bench doesn't help develop the kid. Perhaps he will get lucky and be traded to a team that can use him. Comments

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
If bracco is the future of the Marlies why is he riding the bench when he could be getting experience he needs for next year. How can the fifth leading point getter on the team sit for so long. Know he is young but riding the bench doesn't help develop the kid. Perhaps he will get lucky and be traded to a team that can use him. Comments

Name the forwards on the team that he should be playing instead of. Its a combination of seniority and the fact that his closest competition, Moore and Timashov have played so well this playoffs. He'll get plenty of time next year and the year after.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Here you come again with your Bracco bias. As the other poster said, who would he replace?

Johnsson - Aaltonen - Grundstrom
Timashov - Mueller - Smith
Engvall - Gauthier - Greening Marchment - Brooks - Moore

That is a full Marlies team, and he isnt good enough to be in the lineup.
So its not about getting lucky and be traded to a team that can use him. Next season, he likely will have a bigger role, and you need to realize his development isnt being ruined. The other players are simply better then him right now.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Because he hasn't earned it, by being better in both ends of the rink yet.

Reactions: stickty111

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

It’s well known based on how Marchment was developed that Marlies put together training programs that can involve not playing games for large stretches. You can become successful spending time focusing on technical development and strength building.

Reactions: Lauro

horner

May 22, 2007
I have been saying that for a while.
Being a London knights fan .
I have watched the growth of
Foudy
Regula
Moskal
There are other players out there
But these are the ones that have opened my eyes.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

Comment: You should have written down the password to your first account Grandpa Bracco.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Couple of teams have lots of picks in the first 3 rounds.

Montreal 3, 35, 38, 56, 61, 66
Detroit 6,31, 33, 36, 67, 81, 84
NYI 11, 12, 41, 43, 72
NYR 9, 26, 28, 39, 48, 70, 88

Not sure the how the value would have to add up but there's a couple to look at.

I don't think we would get 2 30's picks so really montreal is the only one we should trade with. 35 & 56 for 25. Id wont a very early 2nd rnd pick if we are trading back. Maybe NYR fall in love with 2 prospects at 25 & 26 and we can trade back to 28 and 48 if they are desperate enough, include our 3rd or a Nielsen type prospect if value isn't fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad