Prospect and European Free Agent Signings

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Riku Helenius and Chris Lawrence (as mentioned earlier in the thread) signed today by the Lightning according to their website. Speculation by one of the Lightning beat writers that Helenius could be drafted in the import draft and play in the CHL next year.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C189/ 3rd paragraph about Lawrence, 4th and 5th paragraphs about Helenius, final little bit about the Kosheckin situation for those interested.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
The Montreal Canadiens have signed forward Ryan Russell to a 3yr rookie contract after acquiring him from the NY Rangers earlier today.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Local newspaper is reporting it is highly unlikely Minnesota Wild will sign goaltender Krystofer Westblom before Friday's deadline. Westblom, himself, said it was possible he'd get re-drafted but was already talking about getting a free agent tryout. My guess is that teams are scared away by his season-ending injury from late winter, and he'll go back for one more season in Kelowna. He was easily the best player on an extremely young and weak Rockets' team last season. He might be enough of a battler to make it to the NHL someday.

MotownLegend19

Aug 2, 2005
Michigan
yup if isles don't sign him

he'd be a ufa,he's rated as their best dman prospect.my only concern is if his skating can be brought up to nhl play.i like his physical play.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Prospects who need to be signed tomorrow?

Kings
Ryan McGinnis (must be signed)
Bud Holloway (needs a contract offer)
Joey Ryan (needs a contract offer)

How about for other teams?

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Joey ryan dont need to be signed he's a 2006 draftee even if he's eligible to play in the ahl next year because he's a late 87 birthday

This post leads me to believe that he needs to receive a "bona fide" offer to be Kings' property next year.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=9421979&postcount=5

There's a list here, but I'm not sure how accurate it is:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=380494

Thanks, I was looking for a list but couldn't find one. I figured this would be the best way to get accurate info though, as people would contribute for their own squad.

Yours is definitely a good start though ;)

LadyByngJeanRatelle

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
This post leads me to believe that he needs to receive a "bona fide" offer to be Kings' property next year.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=9421979&postcount=5

Thanks, I was looking for a list but couldn't find one. I figured this would be the best way to get accurate info though, as people would contribute for their own squad.

Yours is definitely a good start though ;)

Rarely, if ever, are bona fide offers ever announced to the public.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
Yep, but it's usually just a formality. We might see teams give up on a couple 2006 draftees though.

That's kind of what I figured. I don't think it's too hard for teams to structure a deal that a player's agent would refuse.

Rarely, if ever, are bona fide offers ever announced to the public.

No, but we'll obviously find out about players that don't receive bona fide offers. Just figure it wouldn't hurt to make a compilation of guys who could, by some strange chance, be back in the draft later.

Bam Beet*

Anybody know anything about Jaroslav Hlinka? What style does he play and what are his chances of making the big team?

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
Anybody know anything about Jaroslav Hlinka? What style does he play and what are his chances of making the big team?

I think, Hlinka is very similar like Vyborny. Very good playmaker. In Czech league, there hadn't been second assists since last year and Hlinka had 38 assists in 46 games (and 19 goals).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->