Prospect and European Free Agent Signings

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
so who are some of the bigger name prospects who still need to be signed?

Players who played in Russia don't count, correct? Because there's no transfer agreement so the teams still own their rights?

I know of:

Sergei Kostitsyn
Juraj Mikus
Ondrej Pavelec
Chris Durand
Kendal McCardle
Tyler Plante
Martin Hanzal

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I really wouldn't be surprised if Pavelec refuses to sign with Atlanta and re-enters the draft.

- He will be behind Lehtonen on the depth chart for years to come if he does sign with them. Not exactly the most exciting scenario for a young goalie. It's a similar situation to Schneider's in Vancouver.

- He could easily be a first round pick in this draft, especially with the lack of quality goalies available. Hell, I could see a team like Florida picking him at 10. Which could mean a very quick arrival into the NHL as a starting goalie.

- As a first rounder he can get the rookie max, not too sure he would get it from Atlanta.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
I really wouldn't be surprised if Pavelec refuses to sign with Atlanta and re-enters the draft.

- He will be behind Lehtonen on the depth chart for years to come if he does sign with them. Not exactly the most exciting scenario for a young goalie. It's a similar situation to Schneider's in Vancouver.

- He could easily be a first round pick in this draft, especially with the lack of quality goalies available. Hell, I could see a team like Florida picking him at 10. Which could mean a very quick arrival into the NHL as a starting goalie.

- As a first rounder he can get the rookie max, not too sure he would get it from Atlanta.

Yeah, It probably would be smart for him to re-enter the draft.

And I agree, I can definately see him going in the first round.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Well, lol, that is pretty convincing evidence. Can't really argue against that.

I rest my case. He has signed with the Preds.

i didnt understand a word of it, bla bla bla bla stehlik bla bla bla nashville. but i think i got the point.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
Oh, wow. That's awesome. I'm curious, too. He looked like a pretty intriguing prospect.

According to Thomas Pöck he's the best playerin Austria . But I'm not really impressed with his play.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
cal clutterbuck is the man

I remember my friend telling me he walked by the T.V. and heard a player called Clutterbuck and he bursted out laughing. I can't wait for the kid to be in the NHL just so I can laugh at his name.. Just like Tenkrat in Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->