Proposed Coyotes Rebrand (concept) (NEW concept on page 15)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Well, after watching the town hall it's pretty darn clear that the logo will either not change one bit or be only very, very, very superficially tweaked. If anything, only something minor to do with the colors, I'd think. Perhaps along the lines of Strizzy's last logo (replacing the black with a darker shade of red, sort of thing).

I'd be really surprised if they ditched red as the predominant color of both the logo and the uniform. They're going to stick with the other Arizona teams, I'd wager. In could definitely see them adding some black, sand or both to the actual uniform. Maybe an additional shade of red.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm not sure why they think it's one of the best logos in the league. It belongs on a polo shirt more than a jersey.

rt

May 13, 2004
just found this on google images. It's interesting. I'd really love to see some finished versions of some of these sort of half way logos.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
just found this on google images. It's interesting. I'd really love to see some finished versions of some of these sort of half way logos.

Still has that silly orientation. It's just not pleasing to the eye on a jersey. A five for howling style logo is something worth exploring. Sort of like the Wild.

rt

May 13, 2004
Yeah, I tend to agree. Nonetheless, we seem to be stuck with something at least 90% identical to what we've got now. I suspect the brick red will remain the primary color, too. I'd be interested to see how much the current kit could possibly be improved without changing the primary logo or the primary brick red color.

rt

May 13, 2004
I wouldn't mind seeing these as the new home jerseys. However, I'd want the red helmets and pants to be replaced with black helmets and pants.
AJz8XKo.jpg

For the road uniforms, I'd like to see something like this, but with some black penciling on the numbers and letters.
AustinEll-PHX.png

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
I'd be surprised if the throwbacks have the unique pattern. I doubt Reebok would go that far. It'll probably be a modernized version of the old jersey to match as close as possible.

Disagree. Reebok does do throwbacks that match the old uniform exactly, other than the "modernized" collar with the NHL logo in it. Examples include Ducks and Devils recent throwbacks. Also, they are fully capable of putting the pattern in to the sleeves through sublimation. Hurricanes alternate is a perfect example.

rt

May 13, 2004
Disagree. Reebok does do throwbacks that match the old uniform exactly, other than the "modernized" collar with the NHL logo in it. Examples include Ducks and Devils recent throwbacks. Also, they are fully capable of putting the pattern in to the sleeves through sublimation. Hurricanes alternate is a perfect example.

Thank you! You should make this your signature. Haha.

Maybe I will change mine to:

1-one way versus two way contracts have nothing to do with waiver status
2-reebok is capable of making patterns

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Anyone notice how Gwinnett's jerseys are similar in design as our original units??

glavine-hockey.jpg

They are remarkably similar. I think a pattern like that would work for us. Toned down from the original unis, but still a uniquely southwestern flair.

Thank you! You should make this your signature. Haha.

Maybe I will change mine to:

1-one way versus two way contracts have nothing to do with waiver status
2-reebok is capable of making patterns

Haha all I'm really good for is hockey uniform knowledge! Which can sometimes be valuable, but I look to all of y'all for the inside scoops on the 'Yotes.

Also, RT, I like the home and away uniforms that you just posted. So subtle but improves the blandness of our unis. It reminds me of what Toronto did to "correct" the EDGE uniforms they unveiled initially. Originally, they featured tapered modern collars, and they also got rid of the hem stripes. Fans and jersey traditionalists reacted with a ton of backlash. They ended up putting the hem stripes and lace-up collars back on, and now their unis are practically perfect.

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Arizona Coyotes Name Already Registered

This guy can't come up with better ways to make money than attempted cyber squatting?

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/20140205arizona-coyotes-name-change-faces-trademark-tussle.html

Coyotes team President and CEO Anthony LeBlanc announced last week that the National Hockey League franchise will become the Arizona Coyotes next season. However, a Phoenix man has already registered the trade name with the state and has sought federal trademark protection, although he so far has been denied.

Tony Fioretto also has registered other trade names with the state, including Phx Suns, Phx Cardinals, Phx Coyotes and AZ Diamondbacks, according to state records.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Dude's just trying to get a buck out of the NHL. Sugar daddy Bettman and his draconian lawyers will be all over this in court, and they'll probably get it thrown out.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Been discussed in the rebranding thread ... his business address is easy to find and looks a lot like a house that was recently foreclosed on haha

NHL / MLB / NBA lawyers are good as **** and this guy won't see a dime. Sloppy business sense by IA to not grab the brand early, but whatever. State and federal governments should do a better job in these cases ... ultimate example of "fill out the form and I'll do whatever" by the low-level clerk who filed this crap.

I DO love that he registered websites despite the fact that all the leagues use the teamnickname.league.com URL ... we'll still be coyotes.nhl.com next year ...

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Dude's just trying to get a buck out of the NHL. Sugar daddy Bettman and his draconian lawyers will be all over this in court, and they'll probably get it thrown out.

Looks like the trademark office already rejected the guy's initial registration filing a month ago due to confusion with the Phoenix Coyotes and other issues. Though he still has the opportunity to attempt to amend the registration request so the trademark office accepts it. That the trademark office already pointed out the confusion with the Phoenix Coyotes makes it unlikely he'll get it accepted.

Link here:

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn86070911&docId=OOA20131231113957#docIndex=0&page=1

rt

May 13, 2004
Look at how awesome San Fran's letters and numbers used to look:

Draft.jpg

a_smith.jpg

Great way for us to potentially incorporate a little sand and black from the logo into the actual uniforms.

SportsRacer21

Mar 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
I went back and edited the old Coyote head with just the sand and red colors.

The first image has the red and sand colors switched from the old coyote head, so the red eye is kept.

The second image is similar to what was posted here, and I would like it as a 3rd logo and/or shoulder patch. I think it would be especially sharp if a black outline was added around the other tan elements of the right side like the eye.

Edit: I added a potential 3rd jersey. Basically just our old black jersey, but with the old coyote head logo and just the red and sand colors. Not bad, kind of a similar look to Ottawa with the black/red/sand color and Carolina with the black/red pattern on the jerseys.Phoenix_Coyotes1.png

Phoenix_Coyotes2.png

Attachments

• Phoenix new 3rd.jpg
    Phoenix new 3rd.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Uh....so is this mock logo now officially used by the Coyotes or something? Screenshot from the Coyotes facebook, look at the Coyote head..

It was made by the team sometime around 02/03, as far as I know. That's just a recoloring.

phoenix_coyotes_alt_logo_concept_by_pd_black_dragon-d4jfaau.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->