Proposal: Proposals (Hanzal, Green, Vatanen)

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
Trying to figure out which trade is the most lopsided ... trying to figure out which teams you actually watch ...

lgs093

Dec 15, 2016
No thank you from Arizona as well I imagine.

Philly and Toronto might be celebrating in the streets though.

Multiple poor attempts.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Hanzel
Garland
I stopped right here.

Martin Hanzal is a veteran center in this last year of his contract. He's got some playoff skins and and would be a huge add to a team's 2nd or 3rd line. Big, physical, mean, skilled ... he's a mother****er.

Conor Garland is a small winger struggling in his first year of pro in the AHL. He's a long-term project who I hope finds his stride the second half of the season and is a legit AHL top-6 guy next year and continues to grow and improve and can make the NHL in year 3.

Why would one team try to trade for both of them?

PIT or NYR or WAS or SJS or another contender would love, love, love to add Hanzal at the deadline. ARZ or COL or TOR or another cellar dweller might want to add Garland and throw him into their pile of futures to see if he can grow into something as part of their rebuild.

What situation is a team in where they're doing both at once?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
PIT or NYR or WAS or SJS or another contender would love, love, love to add Hanzal at the deadline.

Washington is fine with its current center depth. Hanzal would be a luxury add, and one the Capitals don't have salary cap space for anyway. They're more likely to look for a two-way defenseman or possibly a depth scoring winger (depending on how Vrana and Burakovsky finish out the season).

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah sorry i don't see Ken Holland dealing Mike Green to Toronto? Green would be a perfect fit in Edmonton, I don't see us trading our best D man right now. I can see Green maybe being dealt at the 2018 TDL if we're out of playoff contention doubt we move him now though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Can't see AZ having any interest in LD Hagg. LD OEL is our franchise player. LD Goligoski just got a very long deal. LD Chychrun looks like a homerun.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I would need a much better idea of how Pesce plays (if he played a physical game, for example), but I would be tempted to decline just because we have too many d-men.

Dog

Not sure why Carolina would be interested in Vatanen? They already have a nice D core seriously doubt that Vatanen is a need there. Would much rather see Vatanen in Detroit then Carolina.

Of course you would

Number1RedWingsFan52
image.php

:laugh:

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I would need a much better idea of how Pesce plays (if he played a physical game, for example), but I would be tempted to decline just because we have too many d-men.

Pesce would round out our top four quite nicely, and him being exempt from expansion actually makes this tough to turn down from an Anaheim perspective. I don't see Carolina going for it.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
Washington is fine with its current center depth. Hanzal would be a luxury add, and one the Capitals don't have salary cap space for anyway. They're more likely to look for a two-way defenseman or possibly a depth scoring winger (depending on how Vrana and Burakovsky finish out the season).

*cough* Vanek *cough*

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Edmonton fans seem pretty much on board with trading our 2017 1st and a good prospect in Jones (Seth Jones little brother) for Green.

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
A heck no from this Detroit fan. I'm okay with dealing Green for the right price but I also wouldn't mind extending him another year or so beyond his contract if he keeps his play up. He's not untouchable but not even semi interested in what your offering

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
A no on the Vatanen deal, but it's not bad by any means. Pesce's a solid depth defenseman who doesn't have to be protected, and I'd love to get Teravainen on the team, and both are cost-effective for this year, as well as being RFAs when their contract ends. (Teravainen expiring this next offseason is a little close for comfort though)

However, I'd rather not move Steel. There's not much reason to. After a draft year that failed to meet some high expectations, he's playing great. (albeit on a stacked Regina squad) It's too early to think about moving him.

Don't think Carolina takes this anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad