Proposal: Stone to the Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Lets look at the HF ratings, shall we Jacobv?
Let me stop you right there. I don't pay attention to HF ratings nor do I think they carry much weight.

A Pens fan (I thought it was you, but don't remember where to look) said you need scoring RW's. Johannson is rising too.
Rising from what exactly? Last I heard there was debate as to whether or not the Capitals should even bother qualifying Johansson or just taking the compensatory pick instead. He's an okay prospect with some intriguing upside, but the Penguins, as well as just about every team in the league I'm guessing, have at least a few Fleischmann/Johansson types already in their system. What they need are PROVEN scoring RWs.

Most scouts see Stone as nothing more than a very good third liner. What everyone else said.
And by that train of thought, you're thinking that a 2nd line player (or two) is better than a 3rd liner, I take it.

If that's the case, I whole-heartedly disagree. 3rd liners are a dime a dozen, but true two-way, shut down 3rd line centerman are worth more than a couple of hit-or-miss wingers. I don't know if Stone is that kind of player or not. Personally, I like Talbot a bit better.

Last edited:

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Jacobv2 said:
Let me stop you right there. I don't pay attention to HF ratings nor do I think they carry much weight.

I just wanted you to know, that even though YOU may not give them much weight, they are not useless. That deal is heavily weighted to the Pens.

Rising from what exactly? Last I heard there was debate as to whether or not the Capitals should even bother qualifying Johansson or just taking the compensatory pick instead. He's an okay prospect with some intriguing upside, but the Penguins, as well as just about every team in the league I'm guessing, have at least a few Fleischmann/Johansson types already in their system. What they need are PROVEN scoring RWs.

Good points, but is Stone a PROVEN scorer? I like the guy, but he is not going to bring back a Semin. We have more wing prospects than centers and the center prospects we do have Army(Portland coach) wants to make wings. Getting back to the point the only proven scorer Stone would bring back would be a third liner (Willsie etc.) which would not help you.

I.am.ca

borro said:
Since Stone plays really well and the Caps could use a guy projected as a third line center, would Pens fans have any interest in a 2 for 1 for say Jonas Johannson and Tomas Fleischmann for Stone? Johannson has played well for Portland and has a great shot and is a right wing. Fleischmann looks like a leftwing. If not those 2 make a proposal that excludes any defense or goalies and Ovechkin, Fehr, Semin, Zubrus, Aulin, and Klepis and our next #1 pick.

You guys screwed us nicely by giving us 3 crappy prospects, this time it better be some damn good players.

Those 2, i'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad