Proposal: Proposal/Discussion: MIN-BOS

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
What would you give for Coyle or Nino +3rd/prospect?

Wild will probably make some moves since Fletcher got fired. Honestly I think Coyle / Nino could use a change of scenery. Brodin, Staal, Zucker could be used as bait, but not as likely IMO.

Wild would want mid to top level prospects in return. Boston seems like they could afford to lose some prospects. Ex. Lauzon, Frederic, Bjork, Senyshyn, JFK, Vaakanienen etc.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I wanted to move Spooner in a deal for Coyle last year.

But honestly, CC seems like just another player.

Nice to have, but not someone you target and go out and aquire.

NN?

He seems like a tier above, but not sure I want to part with whatever the asking price would be from us

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Backes+ a nice bundle of prospects/picks lets say JFK + Lauzen +3rd

for Nino

Could be a fabulous deal for both teams.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Not a lot without money going back which I think Minnesota is trying to move.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Backes+ a nice bundle of prospects/picks lets say JFK + Lauzen +3rd

for Nino

Could be a fabulous deal for both teams.
Brad:

you're forgetting two things one is cap space the other is NMC/NTC, and if Backes has that or both, why would you leave, player has to waive it or be asked to waive it

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Is Coyle a good C? For some reason I thought he was a better winger.

With that said, I'd be interested in Coyle. No real interest in Nino given that we have a glut of young wingers coming up and center is a little bit thinner.

I think Lauzon + for Coyle is a good base. It wouldn't be a huge + though.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Is Coyle a good C? For some reason I thought he was a better winger.

With that said, I'd be interested in Coyle. No real interest in Nino given that we have a glut of young wingers coming up and center is a little bit thinner.

I think Lauzon + for Coyle is a good base. It wouldn't be a huge + though.

Better winger for sure. Either of those guys would slot in nicely on the 2nd line.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Hmm. In addition, do you think that Boston might try to replace the first-round pick that it gave up in the Nash trade?

At what cost? What on the Bruins is going to net you a first round pick? Answer: Probably one you don't want to trade.

They have enough assets. My hope is that Jack McBain continues to drop (the league he played in didn't do anything for his draft stock) and the Bruins can grab him with their second round pick.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
At what cost? What on the Bruins is going to net you a first round pick? Answer: Probably one you don't want to trade.

They have enough assets. My hope is that Jack McBain continues to drop (the league he played in didn't do anything for his draft stock) and the Bruins can grab him with their second round pick.

Yeah, it would cost Boston to move back in to the first round, which Sweeney may not be willing to do. I didn't know about McBain, so just looked him up (NHL HOPEFUL JACK MCBAIN NAMED OJHL'S TOP PROSPECT | Ontario Junior A Hockey League). Sounds very impressive, and he's 6'3" and a C, and planning to attend Boston College in the fall.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Is he a player you think they would be interested in or just a hope?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'd like to get Coyle; but not at the expense of a roster player. If prospects worked; I'd be okay with moving Karlsson, Bjork, Lauzon, & Zboril. Not all of them, but some combination of those perhaps.

And have Coyle & Donato replacing the Nashs in the lineup for next season.

But I'd rather worry about the playoffs right now

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I suggested Charlie Coyle for Boone Jenner on trade boards....Wild fans said Columbus must add, Blue Jacket fans hated it too

Probably close value for both then

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad