Pronman Ranks Detroit 13th in Organizational Prospect Rankings

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Dude. He's legit played one inconsistent season in the NHL as a teenager on one of the ****tiest teams in the league and still put up 20 points in 60 games. I wasn't a fan of the pick at all but I'm not ready to call him a bust.

No question. Way too soon to call someone a bust. But the kid was not good at all in Detroit. I would have sent his ass back to WHL with instructions to skate with the puck.
He'll never be anything more than a netfront guy unless he learns some neutral zone play.

Reactions: Hockeyfannnn91

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
13th?

Damn, I honestly thought this guy knew what he was talking about. His list for the Wings is....how do I say this without being too rude? Odd I guess?

Kaski at 5? Pardon?
McIsaac at 7? Way too low..
Hirose at 12? What?
Lindstrom outside of the top 22? Now that one is ridiculous.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
13th sounds low. But he does count Rasmussen, Cholowski and Hronek as graduated.
2019 NHL farm system rankings: No. 13 Detroit Red Wings
1. Zadina 2. Seider 3. Veleno 4. Berggren 5. Kaski 6. Mastrosimone. 7. McIsaac 8. Regula 9. Grewe 10. Larsson
Others:
Svech (11th)
Hirose (12th)
Outside the top 22:
Lindstrom, Saarijarvi, Kotkansalo.

If Pronman's opinion matters (and that's iffy, to say the least), he ranks players in teirs.
Special prospects (true stars)
Elite prospects (impact player, top 10 or 15 percent at their position)
High-end (first line forward, top pairing)
Very good (top six forward, top four defense)
Legit (full time NHLer)
Has a chance - can make it with improvements.

No Red Wings in the first two categories.

Yeah, as I've been saying for a while now our drafting out of NA in particular has been mediocre. The big concern is he's pumping the brakes a bit on Zadina, who is our #1 prospect. Pronman suggests he should start the season in GR and be brought up at some point during the season. The good news is Pronman does offer some encouragement with regard to Seider being drafted where he was. I was actually a bit surprised he had our prospect pool ranked this high.

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Yeah, as I've been saying for a while now our drafting out of NA in particular has been mediocre. The big concern is he's pumping the brakes a bit on Zadina, who is our #1 prospect. Pronman suggests he should start the season in GR and be brought up at some point during the season. The good news is Pronman does offer some encouragement with regard to Seider being drafted where he was. I was actually a bit surprised he had our prospect pool ranked this high.

We were at #7 last year, though some of this is graduation of guys. I mean if you still see Veleno as a 2nd/3rd line tweener it is pretty easy to see where we are in the teens with him.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com

I've been pumping the brakes on Zadina since the fanbase went into a tizzy when we got him.
We needed defense so badly that draft. And we drafted another winger. In a draft RICH with defense.
If we draft Hughes or Dobson or Bouchard or whoever, we're not talking about Risto right now. Or taking Seider 10 spots higher than most had him.

Reactions: lilidk

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
This article is just a rehash from the Buzzfeed article ~2 months ago. On the BUF board there are 3 Risto threads, NONE of which even acknowledge this "new" article or a purported Mantha-Risto trade speculation....Clickbait.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I've been pumping the brakes on Zadina since the fanbase went into a tizzy when we got him.
We needed defense so badly that draft. And we drafted another winger. In a draft RICH with defense.
If we draft Hughes or Dobson or Bouchard or whoever, we're not talking about Risto right now. Or taking Seider 10 spots higher than most had him.

The big question on Zadina and Veleno is whether the rest of the NHL knew something we didn't? Given our track record of drafting in NA and how the past year has played out it is certainly looking like the rest of the NHL knew what they were doing in letting these guys drop. I still hold out hope for Zadina, and I have no problem trading him if necessary to build out our defense. Wingers are the easiest guys to draft/develop/acquire.

Even if Veleno was drafted a bit high he should still be a really good bottom 6 center who can play a ton on the PK. We've got one core piece in Larkin and there's a lot of work to be done to build out the core around him. I like Bertuzzi, Veleno and Hronek as potential building blocks but it's way too early to carve that in stone with any of them, although Bertuzzi is trending really strongly. Nice work by Drapes of following up the lead he got on Bert and getting him drafted.

Reactions: VelenoLikeAFeleno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->