Pronger..

Apr 6, 2011
This Pronger hate makes me laugh. I've watched Pronger play for a long time, and he's not a dirty player. He's big and uses his size to his advantage often, makes hard hits, clears the crease better than anyone, but he's made only 3-4 dirty things in his career. He's also not a fighter, that's not his role. He's a Hart and Norris Trophy winner, and still one of the bests defensemen in the league at 35+ years old. He's a genius on the ice and he's unique. Why do you want to "throw him a lesson"? Because you probably have not really seen him playing, you probably don't know him, or you're blinded by his reputation.

And Byfuglien has not "destroyed" Pronger. He did hit him, and Pronger fell, it was a good hit, but Pronger got back on his feet 1 second later. And overall in the final, Pronger did a way better job than Byfuglien.

But if it makes you happy to see a good player being hit and injured, there you go :

Do you feel better now? Meh.

I like Prongs, but he's a dirty punk.

YouCantYandleThis*

Best kind of dirty punk.

I love Chris Pronger, even after what he's done to the Canucks. Anybody else saying otherwise ignorant to a guy who's been probably the second best defensemen of the past ten years. (behind Lidstrom)

I mean, the guy's a winner, a leader, and does it all on the Ice. Couldn't care less if his fighting was subpar, he doesn't hide behind referees. He just happens to be 7 feet tall with skates on and 260ish pounds. (hopefully a hyperbole is noticed here)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->